SASS Wire Forum

Camo dipped huntin rifle

Red River Ray SASS#33254

The process is rather simple.

The como is printed on a carrier sheet of plastic.

A tank is needed.

The gun is put in the tank. Once the water stops moving the como sheet is placed on the water.

The carrier sheet is removed.

The gun is brought up slowly through the como film.

There may be more to it than that,but that's the basic of it.

RRR contact Willy McCoy at cowboyactionguns.com. I saw one he was reassembling the other day and it looked GOOOOOOD!! 1-931-270-7073

OK I give up.

My 'yote rifle is a Ruger 22-250 laminated stock KM-77 VT Mark II target model with a 12X AO Leupold Varmint scope and a Harris Bi-Pod. Since I shoot those varmints at 200+ yards, why would I have a need to "Camo" my rifle? Sounds rather silly to me.

Chicken Coop

OK I give up.

My 'yote rifle is a Ruger 22-250 laminated stock KM-77 VT Mark II target model with a 12X AO Leupold Varmint scope and a Harris Bi-Pod. Since I shoot those varmints at 200+ yards, why would I have a need to "Camo" my rifle? Sounds rather silly to me.

Chicken Coop

Ye know it would be silly as hell for you ta camo your gun! Don't do it, for gosh sakes don't, you already said it sounded silly. Glad I could help.

Now as for me I want mine done. So it won't be silly for me.

Thanks for tha # Blackwater

RRR

RRR,

I have seen the film dipped guns and bows etc when I lived in the low country.....that's the route you want to go. It's more durable than paint and IMO looks much better. I'm planning on thinin' out some Coyote's on the land I hunt this year too because they are gettin' thick. Can't remember where they were gettin' it done but as long as it's dipped the process is the same so I wouldn't think it would matter too much. Good luck

Local guy here in town does Duracoat. Looks great. I had a 1911 Commander done 18 months ago in desert sand. It looks great & no sign of wear & stands up to solvents $130.00 for the job.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/index.html

More sillyness by realtree, grin.

Ye know it would be silly as hell for you ta camo your gun! Don't do it, for gosh sakes don't, you already said it sounded silly. Glad I could help.

Now as for me I want mine done. So it won't be silly for me.

Thanks for tha # Blackwater

RRR

Archived