SASS Wire Forum

China making new guns

Where'd they get the money...?

From the last clock radio, pair of britches, ice cream scoop, or anything else that any of us have purchased... :D

I think if the Chinese had stuck to making fireworks, egg rolls and General Tso's chicken, the world would be a lot better off and the millions of jobs that left here to go over there would still be here.

I think if the Chinese had stuck to making fireworks, egg rolls and General Tso's chicken, the world would be a lot better off and the millions of jobs that left here to go over there would still be here.

They musta had other ideas!

China has maybe the best economy right now. America has borrowed so much money for them that if they called the notes we would be speaking Chinese.

They are spending $100's of billion dollars on new construction. Whole new cities are being planned and built.

As to the comment about about sticking to what they used to do so we would have the job here is not realistic. Take away China and you still have South America, Japan, India, Pakistan etc manufacturing products for less money and in many intances better quality. As in Japanese cars. We are just now getting around to producing cars on their level of quality.

Our companies ship their work to these places because labor is extremely cheap, there are no Unions to deal with, the people are grateul for the work and are not suing their employers because someone said something, the environental restrictions are less etc.

Why pay someone to assemble a car at $30/hr when you can get the same thing for $5/hr overseas????? And no benefits or retirement to pay.

We dug this hole and they took advantage of it. I'd call that good business on their part.

Start yelling now

Ike

Go to Shanghai and look around. You'll start looking at the airport, and that's just the beginning. Next is the maglev into town. Then the city.

Then come back home and tell your kids and grandkids that they are going to have to work hard.

I talked to a Texas construction manager when I was there in 2005; met him at the hotel. He said the highrise projects use three shifts, crews 24/7, and build in a fraction of the time as here (or pretty much elsewhere, for that matter).

There are cities that you have never heard of with millions of people where just the same thing is going on all the time.

China has maybe the best economy right now. America has borrowed so much money for them that if they called the notes we would be speaking Chinese.

They are spending $100's of billion dollars on new construction. Whole new cities are being planned and built.

As to the comment about about sticking to what they used to do so we would have the job here is not realistic. Take away China and you still have South America, Japan, India, Pakistan etc manufacturing products for less money and in many intances better quality. As in Japanese cars. We are just now getting around to producing cars on their level of quality.

Our companies ship their work to these places because labor is extremely cheap, there are no Unions to deal with, the people are grateul for the work and are not suing their employers because someone said something, the environental restrictions are less etc.

Why pay someone to assemble a car at $30/hr when you can get the same thing for $5/hr overseas????? And no benefits or retirement to pay.

We dug this hole and they took advantage of it. I'd call that good business on their part.

Start yelling now

Ike

+1

Sounds like a another excuse for the U.S. military to spend a trillion or two on unneeded weapons systems;

Mr. Zhu, who directs the international security program at Peking University, suggested that China’s military establishment — not unlike that in the United States — was inclined to inflate threats and exaggerate its progress in a continual bid to win more influence and money for its favored programs.

Sounds like a another excuse for the U.S. military to spend a trillion or two on unneeded weapons systems;

Mr. Zhu, who directs the international security program at Peking University, suggested that China’s military establishment — not unlike that in the United States — was inclined to inflate threats and exaggerate its progress in a continual bid to win more influence and money for its favored programs.

We could knock a trillion off by buying from them!

Where'd they get the money...?

From the last clock radio, pair of britches, ice cream scoop, or anything else that any of us have purchased... :rolleyes:

Absolutely! So look for the "Made in USA" label ~ if you can find it. Buy "Made in USA" even if it costs a little more; support American jobs and don't give aid and comfort and money to potential enemies.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Absolutely! So look for the "Made in USA" label ~ if you can find it. Buy "Made in USA" even if it costs a little more; support American jobs and don't give aid and comfort and money to potential enemies.

Buena suerte,

eGG

=====================================

Like blue jeans, but don't want Chinese or Mexican made jeans? Diamond Gusset jeans are made right here in the USA, in Tennessee. Got 3 pair of them myself and gonna get some more. And no, you won't find them in Walmart!

http://www.gussetclothing.com/

WalMart is China's cash cow. Construction in China is not hindered by OSHA. The Empire State Building was built under budget and less time than they alloted. Loss of five lives total. No OSHA, just common sense.

So, I don't want to become China to compete with them? Is that wrong? Is that something we should want for our children? We have a better standard of human decency, but we got crazy about it... and we carry tooooo much dead weight in this country. Slashing wages at the top and then down should help..?? But I am just a girl, so what would I know?

I remember when the only thing in the house that said "China" on it was the dishes in the closet, and they weren't "Made in China", they were china.

P.S. I don't shop at WALMART, ever, not even for ammo.

Old Sam must be spinnin' in his grave.

I remember when his policy was, "Everything in the store was Made in the U.S.A."

Hey TJ

I knew it was more but threw out a number tha might seem a reasonable wage for the U.S. Ok $70/ hr plus 35% in benefits is $94.5/hr which is $196,000 in cost to hire a person who is doing less and with very little regard for the quality of work they produce. The same person out of the U.S. would cost around $12,000/year. Tough to compete with that and the reason our products are being produced elsewhere.

Not picking on the autoworkers but this is systemic throughout our country.

I recently was in the mid-east. One day they decided to stop building a high rise until the economy was improved. They terminated 2,000 workers in one day. Locked the gates, no severence pay, no accrued vacation to pay, no continuation of benefits, no Union forcing them to keep them on a payroll, no retraining, no counselors, no financial aid councelors, no unemployment. See ya. To them its a business pure and simple.

If you get into the global economy at an entry level you seen realize we have our backs aganst the wall.

Ike

+1

+1

Hey TJ

I knew it was more but threw out a number tha might seem a reasonable wage for the U.S. Ok $70/ hr plus 35% in benefits is $94.5/hr which is $196,000 in cost to hire a person who is doing less and with very little regard for the quality of work they produce. The same person out of the U.S. would cost around $12,000/year. Tough to compete with that and the reason our products are being produced elsewhere.

Not picking on the autoworkers but this is systemic throughout our country.

I recently was in the mid-east. One day they decided to stop building a high rise until the economy was improved. They terminated 2,000 workers in one day. Locked the gates, no severence pay, no accrued vacation to pay, no continuation of benefits, no Union forcing them to keep them on a payroll, no retraining, no counselors, no financial aid councelors, no unemployment. See ya. To them its a business pure and simple.

If you get into the global economy at an entry level you seen realize we have our backs aganst the wall.

Ike

+1

Archived