SASS Wire Forum

Club Fees

Smokey Shayne

I am interested in what the annual club fees are at your club. If you pay any, and what benefits does it offer you?

Do you pay a one time fee or is it an annual fee? The more information you can give me the better. Thank you in advance

$150 initiation, $150 per year for adults (discounts for students and families) (work project offsets available)

The club includes indoor pistol and archery, outdoor ranges (7, 25,50,60,100,200,300 yrds, shotgun field with pigeon launchers, two full auto ranges, 8 action pits, and multiple outdoor archery areas), fishing pond, hunting areas (the club is a licensed hunting preserve for members only, annually stocked with a variety of birds), club house with commercial kitchen, and a full program of shooting groups and events.

A huge value, with no range fees or add-ons. A hard-working club, with lots of folks showing up for work parties and lots of volunteers.

Harvard Sportsman's Club, Harvard, MA

http://www.harvardsportsmansclub.com/

LL

At the 2 clubs in North Texas where I am a member charge $30.00/yr and members shoot for $10.00 (non-members shoot for $15.00). If ya only shoot 6 times a year it paid for itself. The "Membership Dues" go to help the club buy stuff we/they need for range improvements, etc.

1 other club, to which I do not belong, but shoot one CAS match a month as a guest, charges me $5.00/shoot.

The "club" is a huge complex and members, who pay A LOT to be members, enjoy many benefits of membership.

FWIW..YMMV..SOso

Hi Smokey,

The Outlaws charge $30.00 per year and gives a $5.00 discount on match fees to members. Monthly shooting fees are $15.00 for non-members, with $5.00 going to the Range and $2.00 to Cowboy Town.

California Rangers have Charter (AKA founders) and monthly members. The 21 (same number as the real CA Rangers) Charter members are Life members. They pay a one-time fee of $250.00. Spouses of Charter members pay $100.00 for a Life membership. IIRC, annual members pay $30.00. The shooting fees are the same as for The Outlaws.

I don't remember what we paid for the other two clubs we were members of. However, I believe the shooting fee structure was the same as The Outlaws except for the $2.00 as they were not at Cowboy Town.

Regards,

Allie Mo

$55 for a yearly membership, $40 additional adds all family members.

Gets you unlimited access to the cowboy range and the long range out to 350 yards. (sun up to sun down)

Match fees are $15 for nonmember and $10 for member.

Regards

:D

Gateway Kid

The Ozark Posse: $25 Year, $5 to shoot. non members $10

One place does not have membership to pay of anykind.

At lease none that I have ever known about. In 4 years I have never

heard anything about membership. Everyone just pays the same. $10 to shoot.

Another I just sent off. So remember.

$36 for single, $48 for family.

$12 to shoot for members. $17 for non-members.

Most all the others are around the same $30-35.

I like it when they offer a family membership for the wife and myself

can join just a little cheaper.

And most all are $10 for members and $15 for non to shoot the monthlies.

Should add that all of these clubs I shoot at are all on privately owned land.

So no parent club or range to have to join in addition to the Cowboy Club.

No annual fees the two places I shoot, but no range access other than matches either.

One place is hosted by a local rifle club, and they do have memberships, but the waiting list to get in is around the decade point last I checked. They do offer a discount on match fees to members, but at least they let us non members play too. I figure I'll get in about the time I'm too stove up to enjoy it, or move away.

Grizz

I'm only a member of 1 range (club)

Costs $100 per year to shoot 7 days a week

Costs 75 per year to shoot Monday thru Friday

Matches cost members $10, non members $15

Some local clubs are $300 per year and others are $500

15 & 10 apply

shenny

This will depend on the area of the country, insurance costs, who owns the facilities, steel costs and a lot of other variables, some of which are out of the control of the club.

At the two cowboy clubs that I regularly shoot at, both fall under a parent club. Neither parent club, nor the cowboy clubs charge a membership fee to shoot cowboy matches, just the $10 match fee. One parent club requires you to be a member if you are a club officer of any sort (rangemaster, TG, match director, etc.), however 1/2 of the fee is waived if you do 10 hours of work a year at the range (to include setting up matches).

My club membership is $120.00 per year, but I get $120.00 worth of raffle tickets for the 8 gun giveaway held every Feb.

I can sell any or all of the raffle tickets and get all or some of the $120.00 back.

We have rifle/pistol range

trap

small lake

archery

all year long cowboy town to practice as targets are out all year

Monthly match is $15.00 for everyone

For the Robbers Roost Vigilantes, Ridgecrest, California, member dues are $25 individual, $30 couple, and $35 family which includes everybody living at home under 18. Matches are $10 members, $15 non-members. Our range, which is dedicated exclusively to our club, is part of the Ridgecrest Gun Range, and on private property. Ridgecrest Gun Range Association dues are $25 single and $50 family, but you don't have to be a member of RGRA to shoot our matches.

I am a member of the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmans Club, Thurmont, MD

TCSC annual family dues range from $250 to $50 depending upon your contribution to the club.

Cowboy Matches are $10 for everyone.

Info Here:

Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmens Club

I am interested in what the annual club fees are at your club. If you pay any, and what benefits does it offer you?

Do you pay a one time fee or is it an annual fee? The more information you can give me the better. Thank you in advance

Smokey,

At this time the Orange County Regulators do not have an annual fee, show up. pay $10 and shoot.

I also belong to Up The Creek Gang witch Possum mentioned.

$15.00 at Firelands then ya git to shoot all the shoots fer 10.00. Non-members are $15.00 per shoot.

Howdy

Are we talking about Cowboy clubs or regular sportsmen's clubs?

My sportsmen's club costs $120/year. The one time initiation fee is $150.

We have two trap fields, a sporting clay's course, an outdoor 25 yard pistol range, an outdoor 100 yard rifle range, an indoor pistol range, an archery range, a 25 target archery 3D course, and a trout pond. The club is a licensed game preserve with almost 200 acres to hunt on. We stock our pond with trout every spring and host a free Fishing Derby for neighborhood kids every April.

We do not host any Cowboy action shooting, I have to do that elsewhere. I do drive everybody crazy shooting Black Powder on the ranges though.

Hey Smoke,

Our range is multi-venue, but most members pay annual dues of $120 a year with a $120 initiation fee. This allows a no-charge shoot for our cowboy shoot on the first Sat of the month, then member rates for IDPA, Skeet, Trap and donations for the pistol and rifle range as well as member rates for CMP events.

V

The Cowboys charge $35/yr for membership and $21 match fee (non-members pay $24 per match). Hole-In-The-Wall Gang charges $85/yr with match fees at $10 for members and $20 for non-members. Deadwood Boys is $65/yr with $15 match fee for members and $20 match fee for non-members.

My club is spread out over a few coastal hills and the cowboy stuff is tucked behind one such hill and operates once a month. Dues are 50 bucks per year but that's good for the whole family. Monthly's are 20 bucks with nonmembers paying double that. The range is 5 bucks a day with nonmembers paying double that. I'm not sure of the fees associated with the special Hogue pistol range or of the clay target sports other than they shoot twice per week and nonmembers do pay more to get in. Smithy.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time out to reply. The prices seem to be scattered out, but I see it depends mostly on what all is provided at the range. Im just trying to get an idea of what, if anything, we should charge for a club membership.

Thanks again

Archived