SASS Wire Forum

Want to buy "In the white"or nickel plated 97 shotgun

Contact Outlaw Gambler. He usually has or can get one in hard chrome. If you want a 20 ga contact Run-in-Iron. They can convert a 16 ga into a 20 ga., not legal for SASS but a down right interesting gun.

Have fun, be Safe!

Marlin

I have experience with both nickle and hard chrome shooters. I will recommend that you consider a brushed hard chrome over the nickle. Gambler's Gal shoots a nickled one and it is flaking, nickle is softer than hard chrome, don't know for sure how old the nickle job is but I don't think you will have to worry about flaking with hard chrome as it is much harder than nickle. The way we stage our shotguns, throw them back onto or into the holders, racks, and props, the nickle doesn't make as much sense as the hard chrome. The brushed hard chrome makes it look like polished stainless. Hope this helps. P.S. if you would like to see pics of what a "brushed" hard chrome looks like compared to a nickled 97, send me your email address.

Also, original and replica 97's are only in 12 and 16 gauge.

I have experience with both nickle and hard chrome shooters. I will recommend that you consider a brushed hard chrome over the nickle. Gambler's Gal shoots a nickled one and it is flaking, nickle is softer than hard chrome, don't know for sure how old the nickle job is but I don't think you will have to worry about flaking with hard chrome as it is much harder than nickle. The way we stage our shotguns, throw them back onto or into the holders, racks, and props, the nickle doesn't make as much sense as the hard chrome. The brushed hard chrome makes it look like polished stainless. Hope this helps. P.S. if you would like to see pics of what a "brushed" hard chrome looks like compared to a nickled 97, send me your email address.

Also, original and replica 97's are only in 12 and 16 gauge.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to see pictures of the brushed hard chrome vs the nickel plated. Didn't know there were no 20 ga. made, thanks . I guess I'll have to go with a 12. My e-mail address is gunsmoke928@yahoo.com

Archived