SASS Wire Forum

Well, at least I still have a job.

Grizzly Dave

Well, I still have a job, but for the 5th or 6th year in a row I've just been handed another pay cut. Happy New Year.

I'm sorry to hear that Dave.

I'm glad you have a good attitude about it.

With the way the economy is now, you are right, we are lucky to have jobs at all.

Check your mail today.....

"Bout one more pay cut an' you'll be payin' them?? :rolleyes::wub:B)

HAPPY NEW YEAR DAVE!!!

Wal, we shouldn't worry.... the gub'mint's gonna take care of us...

Dang, Griz, sorry to hear that bit of news... :wub:

Uh... wonderin' if most of us will ever get to retire. I figger in my case, 'bout two weeks after I cash in. "Somebody check on Hardpan. He ain't moved from his desk in a while, got kinda quiet and he's startin' to smell funny..." :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that, I know over the years where I used to work, we took many pay cuts just to keep the doors open, that is what they threatend us with anyway, not sure if it would have happened or not, but the union voted to take pay cuts, I for one always voted NO for pay cuts. But I'm retired now so I don't have worry anymore about pay cuts or at least I hope not.

Granted the way things are now a days, just be glad you have a job, their are alot of people without jobs and no unemployment benefits anymore

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. Now get back to work, LOL

Here I was, sitting trying to remember the last time I got a raise, and along you come and put a silver lining on it. I would say thanks, but you might come by and kick me in the shins on you next trip to these parts, so I will add my sympathy to your plight instead.

Sorry to hear that Grizz, I read today that several European countries are looking at taking pensions and 401 style accounts. If you don't give it up, they are going to keep your gubmint benefits. They even have discussed that here. Hardpan, I'm with you, got maybe 8 years ta go iffn I work to 65, hope they'll be something left.....

Well, I still have a job, but for the 5th or 6th year in a row I've just been handed another pay cut. Happy New Year.

A pay cut? Last I heard they had stopped paying you. How can they cut from that?

You are, of course, looking around?

In sympathy, amigo

eGG

Dang Grizz, sorry to hear bout dat.

It aint gonna impact yur shootin' none, is it? :rolleyes:

Gotta join a union whar I work. Da Boss is tryin' to git me to quit, so I'll hang round till he saids "GO!" :FlagAm:

Den I got a good lawsuit fer'em. Dat oughta work instead of me !!! :lol:

Paycut.. question is did ya get a paycheck? Yikes.. I am so sorry...

I know dis is way off topic but.....

Grizz, did ya ship dat package yet? :rolleyes:

Got a little somethin' I'll think yur'll like !!! :FlagAm:

=========================================

I know the feeling. I had to take a 20% pay cut when our new contracts kicked in in April '09. If I wasn't retired, I'd be working a second job somewhere.

Paycut.. question is did ya get a paycheck? Yikes.. I am so sorry...

Deja - We had to skip one paycheck (two weeks pay) in December and pay cut is for all future paychecks. Job is not without it's advantages or I'd have moved on long ago.

Hawk, no, sorry, have not mailed package yet. Maybe tomorrow, have to be home have a plumber coming out.

Thanks for the well wishes, it will all work out in the end, it's just a challenge when yer in the middle of it.

Grizz

Here I was, sitting trying to remember the last time I got a raise, and along you come and put a silver lining on it. I would say thanks, but you might come by and kick me in the shins on you next trip to these parts, so I will add my sympathy to your plight instead.

If your avatar is any clue to your job.,,,,your last pay raise was last January, your next one will be in your mid-month pay. Not counting time in service, promotions, etc. Yep that 1.4% we are about to get sure was a bigun. Gave me just enough to put me in a higher tax bracket. My "raise" is now gonna cost me about 3.5% a year more in taxes.

Archived