SASS Wire Forum

I saw Wes Flowers in NC !

Hugh Damwright

While traveling back from a meeting toward the center of the state, I stopped at a Wendy's for some lunch. It was attached to a Stuckey's truck stop in the Durham area. As I was eating my sandwich I looked up and lo and behold, right there in the truck stop was non other than the famous Wes, shooting some poor fool who drew a gun on him.

Okay, it was all on the " 6 gun select " video game, but dern if it wasn't nice to see a familiar face !~

Gomer Pyle would say:

"Shame, Shame, Shame! You ought not tell fibs like that cause it could make the hairs on your legs stick out thru your socks"

Grandma Pyle would make ye go wash your mouth out with soap.

That is a goodurn, Hugh.

..........Widder

But Widder, it 'tis true ! He was there talking, turned around and shot ! Would love to have one of those games in my house. Maybe one day.... :rolleyes:

ME TOO I got a small poster from Wes,signed and everthang....Now i just have to find a game...

ME TOO I got a small poster from Wes,signed and everthang....Now i just have to find a game...

That's awesome ! There's a cd and board on ebay right now. Dunno what good they would be without the rest of the system though... I am looking at this for the wii download. That may be something. :rolleyes:

Hugh...I have the Wii download of the game. I must say, I really enjoy it. A couple pards and I have spent a few hours playing it. I cant tell you how many times Wes has scolded me for being a little to quick on the draw...lol

I wish that was me ya saw in NC, that would mean I was out of this wheel chair and working, oh well, glad ya like the game it was a blast to film, enjoy and Happy New Year.

Wes

Wes,

always in my thoughts and prayers, along with others like Jess, Cowboy Rick, Texas Jim Henry, and a handful of other Pards that I've met on the Wire.

Hope your doing well!

p.s. - ifn I thought you were really in NC, I would have hitched up the mule and headed over the Smoky Mtn for a visit.

..........Widder

Wes,

I really wish you had been in there in person too! You are one feller i'd like to meet up with someday. I still love the pistols you fixed up fer me, and always enjoyed chatting with you on the phone. Maybe one of these days I'll do some traveling to the West and get to somewhere you are gonna be. Happy New Year to you as well !~

Archived