SASS Wire Forum

Thanks to All

Texas Man

Texas Man here, I wish to thank all who contributed to My post. The post generated several thousand hits and a good number of replys and opinions. I would never have posted on the subject if I had know the way some Pards. Reacted. However in a way that was good because it give everone a chance to have their say on the matter. Many good strong points were bought to light and discussed and I received well over three hundred E-Mails from Pards who had opinions on both sides of the matter. I thank the moderators were very fair letting the post run as long as it did and I felt enought had been said on both sides to put the post to rest. Thank You.

With strong respect for SASS and its members across the nation and around the world I feel that if I can make a difference to enlighten a Pard on this site to enlighten one as some of the things and experences I have had in My life where danger was encountered and knowing that the same could happen to any one of us here in our life each day I feel knowing the signs of danger and the desire to respond to it once it is apparent with the least use of force is our desire. As one who has learned from experence turning the odds in your favor will help even the odds should things turn for the bad and we have no other way out. This is only common sence and after all we all want to go home at night safe.

With post from time to time concerning self defence and questions about what gun is best or what hoster is best and a wide range of questions in gereral, I have over the years seen replys from Pards. Who give their advise and some their experences and a serious matter such as this. The replys in general are about the same base, How ever I have noticed there is a wide range of opinons on what one feels is best and one soon can see where the poster lives and the clothes they wear and in the North a coat or jacket give the user more consealment where as In the South one may wear thin light clothes and consealment is more difficult. Also many areas one is most likely to encounter a single subject as in the far Southwest and rural areas you may find yourself against more than one and at a great distance. [As drug armed runners on your ranch] So there are things that require a different approch and planning.

I have learned that SASS has a great number of Pards who contribute greatly to the readers here. I learn something new ever time I come on the web. On here here are perhaps a dozen Pards that try their damnest to give good advise on the subject of reloading and weapons matters and some even go as far as researching a question. Many times questions about repairs or equitment matters are asked and answered. Driftwood Jonston is one and serveral active and retired Lawmen are another. I feel these men are coming to You from the heart and experence. I like to see when the dudes get after Six-Gun Shorty and he sticks to his guns on lie on the M&H matter. Hang in there Pard.

One point a number of Pards bought to my attention is a good number of SASS members are in SASS for different reasons and live in areas where opinions different greatly. Without going into detail one who lives in a large city and never goes out hunting or has ever seen the other side of wild life may feel entirly different that one who lives in a rural area or an area where where when you go out to check on YOUR land and livestock you find cut fences and our livestock butched and at any time you could come face to face with drug runners or human trafficers that are well armed.

To ALL MY FRIENDS and FRIENDS and FUTURE FRIENDS, May 2011 be a great Year for You and YOURS, Texas Man

Archived