SASS Wire Forum

Catagory and membership question

Charlie Whiskers

I'm just wondering about something that has me confised.I shoot Senior and Senior Duelist and have for the last 4 1/2 yrs.That's when I turned 60 and aged into the Senior Catagories.Late this coming summer I'll officially make Silver Senior when I reach ( fingers crossed anyway) 65.Keeping that in mind; I was going to upgrade my SASS membership to a Senior Life membership a few nights ago.When I checked into it,it says a SENIOR membership is 65 and above......WHY?If I can shoot Senior Catagories at 60 according to SASS rules,then why is the membership for SENIOR set at 65 and over?

That would be a question for the SASS Office or the WB. Suffice it to say categories & membership are distinctly different.

Cause it involves silver?

I'm just wondering about something that has me confised.I shoot Senior and Senior Duelist and have for the last 4 1/2 yrs.That's when I turned 60 and aged into the Senior Catagories.Late this coming summer I'll officially make Silver Senior when I reach ( fingers crossed anyway) 65.Keeping that in mind; I was going to upgrade my SASS membership to a Senior Life membership a few nights ago.When I checked into it,it says a SENIOR membership is 65 and above......WHY?If I can shoot Senior Catagories at 60 according to SASS rules,then why is the membership for SENIOR set at 65 and over?

As long as we are guessing probably established with the original SS and medicare age of 65. When you turn 65 get on board.

I just renewed and thought about going Life, I still have my health but then I thought if I do this, SASS doesn't get any more money from me, so if everyone bought a life membership, then there would be no more to updates or whatever they use the money for, so I chose to renew for 3 years and then go from there, JMHO, then in 3 years I will decide again

All for now JD Trampas

... SENIOR membership is 65 and above......WHY?...

Same reason the sun comes up in the east, because it just does.

Archived