SASS Wire Forum

LC9

LEAD BANE, SASS 70197

I am dissappointed with Rugers choices concerning firearm designs as of late. Who whats a pocket pistol with a manuel safety, magazine dissconnet, and that stupid loaded chamber indicator on top. Dont know about anybody else, but I think its a load of crap.

Particularly when you can buy the same thing in a proven Keltec without all that add-on junk. :lol:

Concealed carry guns are all the rage right now, they're just tryin' to cash in, nothing wrong with that. It's just another one of the same things that's already out there. Maybe they figure if it's got "Ruger" on it, we'll all go out and buy one. I'm sure it will sell well.

It is all about multipule levels of idiot proofing to make it difficult for an idiot or minor to unintentionally shoot someone or something.

JD

Hard to beat the SP101 I'd say, otherwise if you want dinky, I'll chose the .380 CZ

Someone posted it previously, but if all that add on garbage is solely to make it a "California" gun; California is a huge marketplace and I can see a company (any as far as that goes but especially Ruger) going after that market. A lot of companies like North American Arms will only select one model of their existing line and tweak it a bit to fit with California's guidelines and they are good to go. Ruger has already done so with a number of their models and a lot of their products are exempt from the guidelines; as an example all of the single actions are exempt due to the wording of the statute. It just may have been that in the pocket carry department they had a void that needed filling and this gun filled that void? All I can say is best of luck to Ruger and next time a little less hype and bring out the Old Armies! Smithy.

I am dissappointed with Rugers choices concerning firearm designs as of late. Who whats a pocket pistol with a manuel safety, magazine dissconnet, and that stupid loaded chamber indicator on top. Dont know about anybody else, but I think its a load of crap.

Ruger is infected with the same "problem" as every other for-profit company that wants to stay in business. ya gotta produce something that will sell. All the good intentions and nostalgia for craft in the world will only get pictures of yer "no longer made" products in coffee table books alongside Studebakers and Deusenbergs.

You wish in vain, Smithy. The Old Army will never be produced again. The soul-less bean-counters and lawyers now running Ruger will never allow it.

Pretty sad as old Bill always promised that that was the one gun they would always produce.

I notice the "S" is now gone from the logo also. Another thing William B. Ruger, Sr. would have never sat still for. Gone are the days. Sigh....

Im gettin a good laugh out of how many ways gunmakers can reinvent the good old Walther PPK

of James Bond fame.

Make em outta plastic, titanium, scandium unobtanium, bump up the calibear cause

bigger is always better, aint it??

Remember Bond really liked his .25 cal beretta, cause he practiced and could hit what he aimed at.

I dont like anything I cant get a good grip on.

Gimme a good old j-frame smith, please.

Best

CR

I am disappointed by the Ruger of late. I was just reading a thread on another firearms forum about the poor build quality of Rugers, particularly the Mini 14 and 10/22 builds recently produced. Makes me wonder if they aren't too busy trying to develop new firearms and not concentrating on their quality control.

I think Ruger has a winner. It is a American made direct competitor at a lower cost to the Taurus 709.

Taurus 709

Capacity 7+1

Weight 19 oz.

Barrel 3”

Length 6”

Height 4"

MSRP $483.00

Ruger LC9

Capacity 7+1

Weight 17.10 oz.

Barrel 3.12”

Length 6”

Height 4"

MSRP $443.00

I will be watching the reviews closely.

Ruger just brought forth a new pistol totally designed for right handed shooters. Speaking strictly for myself I believe that this is foolish to ignore 18-20% of potential purchasers. Anybody take a look at how their stock reacted yesterday?

Ruff Cobb

If i want a small 9mm i will buy a Kahr-no frills :wacko:

I tend to agree with you since I also have a PM-9, but the LCP has become a favorite BUG for Law Enforcement these days. Of our local department (1700+ Officers) many have chosen to carry the LCP in a specially sewn pocket in their vest, but many have complained about the .380 round itself and there's been some rumor that a 9mm will be the smallest allowed caliber, hence Ruger's move (I think). :wacko:

BSD

Yes, I wish them great success as the profits just might be used to bring us the all NEW MODEL RUGER ARMY REVOLVER for cap and ball shooters. Leave everything the same as on their NEW VAQUERO .45 except leave off the ammunition port and gate (saves production cost), add a cap and ball cylinder and do something to make the God awful loading leaver look as svelte as the one Remington designed 150 years ago. Like the HENRY UGLY BOY, the OMRA was designed to be a modern firearm first and not much thought given to the aesthetics of the gun. Many Frontiersman shooters actually want their guns to look like the ones that were there, this sport does have shooters that play it with multiple goals in mind. I think, if done right, this would sell to almost every Frontiersman style shooter who did not like the OMRA and there would be virtually none of the upfront design tooling expense normally associated with introducing a new model. I could envision it being done in such a way as would have me robbing the milk and bread money to buy a pair!

Now lets discuss the all new RUGER SUPER BLACKHAWK GRANDE, Rugers response to those who want all the caliber options offered by the RUGER SUPER REDHAWK but contained in a modern six chamber single action revolver. Now that would have been a press release capable of raising eyebrows, especially since it has yet to be done by any serious manufacturer.

I tend to agree with you since I also have a PM-9, but the LCP has become a favorite BUG for Law Enforcement these days. Of our local department (1700+ Officers) many have chosen to carry the LCP in a specially sewn pocket in their vest, but many have complained about the .380 round itself and there's been some rumor that a 9mm will be the smallest allowed caliber, hence Ruger's move (I think). :wacko:

BSD

Agree. I too have a Kahr PM-9, and would love to have a Ruger LCP.... but I can NOT buy one in California. There are many times that even the Kahr PM-9 does not hide well enough, and the LCP would be welcome. I just wish that Ruger would make the LCP legal for California. Right/wrong and it doesn't matter what you think about all the safty items on this gun, the market in California for these type guns is HUGE! Even the Anti-Gun folks are buying them. It's kinda like "Don't ask, don't tell" when it comes to "hide out" guns. Yes... I do know what I'm talking about, I am a DOJ firearms instructor in California and I am getting instruction request from people that I would NEVER have thought would carry a firearm. As for producing yet another small 9mm, I think it is great. I don't care how many are out there. We need to get every law abiding citizen in this country trained and armed! All the bad guys are already armed. There is nothing wrong with a gun having those safety features on it. I hope the trigger pull is decent... some of these DA only guns have trigger pulls that are so hard that it takes a Gorilla to operate them..... many ladies can not accuratly accomplish firing some of those guns.

Snakebite

Archived