SASS Wire Forum

Remaking Classic Western Movies: Tombstone-The Musical

Denhamville Mayor

Since everyone loves the remake of "True Grit" I was thinking, why not remake the classic Kurt Russel, Sam Elliot and Val Kilmer version of "Tombstone" AS A MUSICAL!!!!

Why, for one thing, I can see the "Song and Dance" version of "The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral." Maybe Doc Holiday could start the shootout with a snappy number, for example singing a version of "Shotgun Boogie!"

Since Rogers & Hammerstein are no longer writing musicals, maybe Y'all could suggest some of the "musical versions" of the classic scenes in that movie-perhaps even including some lyrics!

What do you think?

Ever wanted to write a musical!

THis is your chance!

Eh...Eh...Eh...

Uh, sure...and we would probably want to cast PeeWee Herman in the leading role, singing the hit number, "I Twirl My Gun for Lots of Fun!" Right? :lol:

Yep, I can see it now. Sandy Duncan and Pamela Anderson will be cast as two of the saloon girls.

Sandy will be featured on the hit song, "I've Got My Eye on You," while Pamela will sing, "My Cup Runneth Over." :lol:

Then, after Johnny Ringo (portrayed by Orson Bean) gets shot, he can jump up and sing, "You Can't Keep a Good Man Down!"

Oh yeah...a real box office sensation. :lol:

(By the way, from the looks the way this thread is going, it definitely should've been brought up in the Saloon. I mean, you either have to be half schnockered or a little weird to be thinking along these lines in the first place. Right? Adios....I'm callin' it a night!)

Why do SASS pards think they are authorities on movie productions? Don't get who made us the judge of that entity.........

Archived