SASS Wire Forum

TRUE GRIT

Well, the Colorado Cowboys did it. A bunch of us got together last night and went to see True Grit in full western regalia. All of the ladies, of course, were beautiful in their Victorian finery and the hombres ranged from frock coats to the Saturday night cowboy on the town.

We met at Outback Steakhouse and they were able to put 17 of us at one table, and 5 at another. Food was great and the (singular) server was spectacularly efficient! Afterwards we made our way across the parking lot to the Tinseltown XD showing and enjoyed the movie and companionship immensely. I was worried about the ladies' skirts, imagining sticky theater floors, but the theater was immaculate and the seats were oh-so-plush and comfortable. And they were ROCKERS!

Thanks to Shootin' Hoosier and his lovely bride & family, of the Colorado Shaketails, for joining us, and to Sonora Blaze and Blazin' Vaquero of the Sand Creek Raiders, who drove all the way down from Parker (Denver) to Colorado Springs. From the Colorado Cowboys we had Painted Filly, Kiowa Kid, Scary Sherry, Gideon Walker, Morgan Dollar, Calico Cass, el Gato Gordo, Anxious Annie, Scary Indian Dude, Painted Rose, Windy Ike, Cowgirl Smarts and the Knockwurst Kid.

We collected quite a few looks and smiles at the theater. And the movie was quite enjoyable! Similar, but different from the John Wayne classic ~ it can stand on it's own two feet!

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

Should have called your local paper,sometimes they need a story and pictures,yea pictures, where's the pictures :)

Pics? I'm posting this from work. I expect that (at home) I will soon have photos e-mailed to me from Gideon & others.

eGG

Should have called your local paper,sometimes they need a story and pictures,yea pictures, where's the pictures :lol:

Well Pards I call that a missed opportunity!!!

Great time to call a local paper and get publicity for CAS and True Grit as well.

Way to go pards.

I wore my Duster, Hat & boots but that was as far as I ventured.

Maybe I can get some pards up here to do a matinée in full dress!!!

I would go to see it agin.

KK

It's not gonna make it to my local theatre until late next month, or even early March .........

........ I'm gonna talk with our bunch on sunday afternoon about a "theatre invasion" on opening night ....

(might have to talk to tha local paper too :lol:)

:lol:

.......... ps .... I live in Australia ....

Archived