SASS Wire Forum

Never before discussed on the wire, PANCAKES

Iron Pony

Ok whats you choice a couple great big plate covering flapjacks or a stacks of silver dollar pancakes?

How do you eat them? Butter, syrup, brown sugar?

Me? I usually wind up eating them one at a time with a little butter and no syrup while I'm cooking the next one and the next one and the next one.

Let the fur fly.

Ok whats you choice a couple great big plate covering flapjacks or a stacks of silver dollar pancakes?

Me? I usually wind up eating them one at a time with a little butter and no syrup while I'm cooking the next one and the next one and the next one.

Let the fur fly.

Size does not matter, but I like P&B&J with mine please..

Medium! with Butter and syrup, maybe some strawberries or bananas or blueberries too.

Large enough yet room for sausage patties and eggs! and on special days, maybe some home fries.

Buttery, and eggy-rich Swedish pancakes with jam please. The size Size doesn't matter.

EC

(I thought you were takin' orders? :) )

For breakfast - size don't matter as long as they're hot off the griddle and smothered with butter and syrup!

For supper - make me some cornbread pancakes, cover 'em with BBQ pulled pork and cole slaw! Yum, yum.

TALL STACK, PLEASE!

Butter and syrup, peanut butter and jelly by.

None of this short stack for me.

Size is not important, but I prefer medium.

Ham, hash browns, eggs, biscuits and OJ on the side please,

followed by a huge muggajoe.

I'm starting my diet today. :)

Short stack of two, rich in butter and maple syrup, just small enought to allow my two eggs and bacon on the same plate.

OK, folks - size DOES matter. A nice, full stack of big around, thick and fluffy griddle cakes for me! A pad of butter in-between each one and about a half a bottle of pure maple syrup and we truly have the breakfast of champions. BTW - if'n ya like eggs and bacon too, ya can always fix another plate. Just sayin'...

:)

Begin with a large oval platter. Three eggs over easy with a double order of bacon and a large country ham steak on one end. Several (no less than four, no more than seven) large buttermilk pancakes with real butter between each one and covered in honey, (tulip poplar if available) and raspberry or blueberry syrup or jam on the side. A small plate of sliced tomatoes and a large glass of COLD milk! :FlagAm::P

Then a two day fast to counteract the effects of going that far off of my regular routine. :);)

Followed by a breakfast of biscuits and gravy with country sausage and sliced tomatoes, a large double cheese omlet with peppers, chopped bacon, onion. mushrooms, and a side of HOT salsa 'n' a glass of cold milk. :P

Starve for a week and repeat!!! :lol:

If you ain't overweight like me the starvin' may not be needed. :)

Begin with a large oval platter. Three eggs over easy with a double order of bacon and a large country ham steak on one end. Several (no less than four, no more than seven) large buttermilk pancakes with real butter between each one and covered in honey, (tulip poplar if available) and raspberry or blueberry syrup or jam on the side. A small plate of sliced tomatoes and a large glass of COLD milk! :FlagAm::P

Then a two day fast to counteract the effects of going that far off of my regular routine. :);)

Followed by a breakfast of biscuits and gravy with country sausage and sliced tomatoes, a large double cheese omlet with peppers, chopped bacon, onion. mushrooms, and a side of HOT salsa 'n' a glass of cold milk. :P

Starve for a week and repeat!!! :lol:

If you ain't overweight like me the starvin' may not be needed. :)

Hey, Blackwater - breakfast at your cabin this weekend, right? I'll bring the venison breakfast sausage...

'Iron Pony' date='Jan 3 2011, 10:57 AM' post='2083347'

Yes.

How do you eat them?

Usually with a fork. Sometimes with a spoon and just as often with fingers.

Butter, syrup, brown sugar?

Butter usually. And sometimes syrup, or powdered sugar, or jam, or jelly, or molasses, or honey, or powdered sugar. Heck, sometimes sour cream and pickled herring. Or slap a slab of ham, add a fried egg and top with another cake. Right fine sandwich.

Well from the results of the survey pancakes seem to be a lot like sex....

There are good pancakes and there are great pancakes but there is no such thing as bad panckaes...

Everybody seems to like them though we all have our little preferences on how....

You can have pancakes anytime of day....

You can have pancakes plain or with lots of extras....

Size matters to some but not to others....

Butter enjoyed with pancakes is a good thing, as are syrup, peanut butter and jelly, powdered sugar, honey and BACON!!!....

Instant is OK but homemade is better...

Wait long enough and some deviant (yeah you Buck) will metion waffles which is an entirely different topic...

Plain or fancy its always nice to have someone offer you a good hot pancake.

I apologize if anyone is offended by the tangent this topic has taken, and really did not intend for it to do so but then life is hard so have all the pancakes you can. :lol:

All the pancakes... I am filing a complaint I have not received my pancakes yet and it appears everyone else has. i live in the state of CA and a constant state of denial, soI am sure there is a law someplace where i can sue you for all your pancakes.. or you eggs or something..

My preference with pancakes, size doesn't matter but I like them light and fluffy. I don't like them so thick you can measure them with a yard stick. Half the time they aren't cooked in the middle when they get so thick. Thin out the batter some. Makes for a more delicious cake. Put some butter on them, and maple syrple. Sometimes mom's home grown strawberry jam or some blueberry syrup. Thin egg pancakes are mmm good all rolled up with jam inside and syrup on the outside. Really get decadent and a dollop of whipped cream on it all.

With out saying, all of this goes with ham, bacon, sausages, eggs (any kind but sunny side up or poached), salsa or hot sauce. When we get done with that, then we can have breakfast.

Let the fur fly.

Pancakes are just filler to keep you from eatin' more useful stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage, venison, steak, ham, chops, whatever...

-Chris

Two Words

YUM !!! YUM !!!

with Bacon, Sausages, or Ham

Fried Eggs too !!!

and I'll have em' fer' Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner

Real Butter and Maple Syrup

and what ever size they be, is just right fine by me !!

Wimpy

My preference with pancakes, size doesn't matter but I like them light and fluffy. I don't like them so thick you can measure them with a yard stick. Half the time they aren't cooked in the middle when they get so thick. Thin out the batter some. Makes for a more delicious cake. Put some butter on them, and maple syrple. Sometimes mom's home grown strawberry jam or some blueberry syrup. Thin egg pancakes are mmm good all rolled up with jam inside and syrup on the outside. Really get decadent and a dollop of whipped cream on it all.

With out saying, all of this goes with ham, bacon, sausages, eggs (any kind but sunny side up or poached), salsa or hot sauce. When we get done with that, then we can have breakfast.

Finally somebody mentions Whipped Cream!

Deja, Pancakes are not legal in CA, sorry.

Grizzes.. huh??? Pancakes are not legal in CA? What the the the.. yeah.. ... I want my rights back now please...

Deja, Pancakes are not legal in CA, sorry.

Now just you hold on there a minute Grizz!!!! Pancakes are perfectly legal here here in the Bear Flag State.

Of course.....you have to prove that you're healthY enough to partake in pancakes. This is easily done through a full check-up with your doctor (yes....including blood work). Then you must purchase them from a some one who is properly certified to make them according to all state, county, and municipal codes. You are not over a specified weight that is deemed appropriate to the consumption of carbohydrates. And finally that you have a certified need and necessity to ingest non-nutrient rich foodstuffs.

There ya' have it! Simple really. No problem.....here in California!

Though there are some modifications set to come out later this year. Shouldn't be much more difficult then the above...few...minor guidelines.

Now just you hold on there a minute Grizz!!!! Pancakes are perfectly legal here here in the Bear Flag State.

Of course.....you have to prove that you're healthY enough to partake in pancakes. This is easily done through a full check-up with your doctor (yes....including blood work). Then you must purchase them from a some one who is properly certified to make them according to all state, county, and municipal codes. You are not over a specified weight that is deemed appropriate to the consumption of carbohydrates. And finally that you have a certified need and necessity to ingest non-nutrient rich foodstuffs.

There ya' have it! Simple really. No problem.....here in California!

Though there are some modifications set to come out later this year. Shouldn't be much more difficult then the above...few...minor guidelines.

Uh... Eamons.... tug tug... is that a part of Obama care? And what is the punishment, as I lick the crumbs from my plate.. lol

Finally somebody mentions Whipped Cream!

You are so right Nozberrys,, hardly a day goes by that i don't think about real whipped cream!! Irish coffee had my first half a cup and I loved it.. now that should pack on a half pound, huh?

Really get decadent and a dollop of whipped cream on it all.

ANATHEMA!!!

Whipped cream on waffles, yes.

Whipped cream on french toast, yes.

On pancakes? What;s next? Mustard on tacos? Caviar on chocolate cake?

About 3-4 medium sized with butter and then a good dose of real molasses syrup I got outta Wisconsin. Throw a coupla overeasy eggs and a half dozen bacon strips on the platter with a large mug of dark coffee on the side, and I'm a happy cowpoke fer the mornin'.

Let the fur fly.

Can't stand them.

Give me eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and toast with blackberry jam.

Maybe a little more coffee too!

I can't abide that sweet stuff in the morning, or even until after dinner.... thanks though . . .

Used to like chicken fried steak, but frankly - so few folks around here can do it well, so I've kinda dropped

it from my menu lately.

YMMV,

Shadow Catcher

Archived