SASS Wire Forum

1873 Uberti For Sale

If you re looking for the Cadillac of Cowboy Rifles, with dependability, accuracy, and beautiful workmanship, here it is. I purchased this rifle in 2009 as a backup rifle, but since my identical primary rifle is exactly the same, and has always performed in an excellent manner, this backup rifle has never been to a match or placed in a gun cart. Twelve rounds have been fired through it for sight alignment.

The rifle is a 1873 Uberti Border Rifle, 38/357 caliber, 20' octagon blue steel barrel, case hardened receiver, with pistol grip. The front and rear stocks are beautiful walnut with factory checkering. It has a large .134 diameter brass front sight, a flat top rear sight, a Pioneer 4th generation short stroke, tool steel firing pin, stainless steel firing pin spring, stainless steel magazine spring, all original soft steel exterior screws were replaced with hardened exterior screws. The rear stock has a custom black leather cover, and the lever is wrapped in black leather. It was slicked up by Windy City Kid in Chicago, Illinois, and functions extremely smoothly. This rifle is better than new and is 100% ready for competition. Original Box, Owners Manual, and original internal parts are included.

Asking $1350.00. (obo) Buyer will be responsible for shipping.

Rifle may be viewed at

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb390/RedneckRebel1/

tel 812-755-4237

e-mail trailsbr549@aol.com

JMO, I also had a pair of Border deluxe 20" barrel rifle, never thought I would use the back up and thought about selling one. Then one day in a major match, main match rifle started acting up, had to pull out the back-up. It saved my day. Main match rifle is well maintained and parts changed every 2 years, but something bad could happen anytime, Murphy's Law I guess. Sorry pard, not trying to talk you out of it, just sharing experience. JMHO. Good luck.

Archived