SASS Wire Forum

Chiappa Firearms

klw

I have a Chiappa 1887 Lever Shotgun. There was an issue with the hammer spring in the beginning but Chiappa sent me a new one along with a firing pin and fp spring. The gun has been flawless for the last six matches including a state match and a regional. The gun was well built, fit and finish were very good.

Guest diablo slim shootist
I've had a question also.I have seen73's for around $650 and wondered if it was worth the price.

???

Eli

They need a little gun smithing to make them good to go -so i heard :)

I have a Chiappa 87 that I bought new from Sixgun Shorty. The shotgun worked flawlessly right out of the box. Loads 2 witout a drop 2 conversion. The 87 Chiappa is as rare to find as hen's teeth and worth every penny (IMHO) over the IAC Norinco. The case coloring of the Chiappa firearms is incredible. Sixgun Shorty is a Chiappa dealer who is as top notch as I have ever known.

Ricochet Roy

Here is a photo showing the case coloring on my 87:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/SA...lorado022-1.jpg

I've had a question also.I have seen73's for around $650 and wondered if it was worth the price.

???

Eli

Those are Chaparrals, not Chiappas, and no, they're not considered good guns by most. Chiappa does not offer a '73.

Howdy kiw & all,

As a disclosure, Lyman is a client of mine and I was involved in the development of the Lyman Ideal Model. That said, Chiappa has a good reputation, but wait there's more...

The Lyman Ideal Model is distinctive and exclusive to Lyman. The receiver shape, tang & front sight, engraving and, most important, the barrel specs were developed specifically for the Lyman product. Early shooting results show excellent cast bullet accuracy for the .38/55. The rifle is a smaller, handier Sharps pattern rifle like the "Baby Sharps" but built to Lyman specs.

Naturally I'm biased, but it is a really cool rifle.

Reverend P. Babcock Chase

Archived