SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Karma

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I have a aluminum carrier for large caliber 66's and 73's. It was given to a pard of mine by another pard on here. My pard tried it and did not care for it. So it's back up for grabs again. Whoever is first to post answer to the trivia question on here gets the carrier. On what date was Tom Horn arrested for the murder of Willie Nickell?

I have a aluminum carrier for large caliber 66's and 73's. It was given to a pard of mine by another pard on here. My pard tried it and did not care for it. So it's back up for grabs again. Whoever is first to post answer to the trivia question on here gets the carrier. On what date was Tom Horn arrested for the murder of Willie Nickell?

Willie Nickell May 4, 1887 - July 18, 1901

The following is from a biography of Tom Horn.

"On Saturday, January 11, 1902, Horn met with LeFors in Cheyenne and the two engaged in conversation. Unbeknownst to Horn, two witnesses were secreted in the next room: a short hand stenographer, Charles Olnhaus, and Laramie County Deputy Sheriff, Leslie Snow. Olnhaus would later serve as Clerk of the United States District Court. During the course of conversations over two days, Horn allegedly admitted that he killed Nickell with his Winchester Model 1894 30-30 rifle and placed a stone under Nickell's head as his "sign." Horn told LeFors that he, Horn, had been paid in advance and received $2,100 for killing three men and taking five shots at another. He told LeFors that the reason there were no footprints is that he was barefoot. LeFors asked whether Horn had carried the shells away, to which Horn responded: "You bet your [expletive deleted] life I did." Additionally, Horn admitted to the unsolved murder of William Lewis and Fred Powell near Iron Mountain in 1895. On Monday, January 13, Horn was arrested in the bar of the Inter-Ocean Hotel by Laramie County Sheriff Edwin J. Smalley, accompanied by Deputy Sheriff Richard A. Proctor and Chyenne Chief of Police Sandy McNeil. Deputy United States Marshal Joe LeFors watched."

So the answer to when was he "arrested" for the murder, it was January 13, 1902.

The following is from a biography of Tom Horn.

"On Saturday, January 11, 1902, Horn met with LeFors in Cheyenne and the two engaged in conversation. Unbeknownst to Horn, two witnesses were secreted in the next room: a short hand stenographer, Charles Olnhaus, and Laramie County Deputy Sheriff, Leslie Snow. Olnhaus would later serve as Clerk of the United States District Court. During the course of conversations over two days, Horn allegedly admitted that he killed Nickell with his Winchester Model 1894 30-30 rifle and placed a stone under Nickell's head as his "sign." Horn told LeFors that he, Horn, had been paid in advance and received $2,100 for killing three men and taking five shots at another. He told LeFors that the reason there were no footprints is that he was barefoot. LeFors asked whether Horn had carried the shells away, to which Horn responded: "You bet your [expletive deleted] life I did." Additionally, Horn admitted to the unsolved murder of William Lewis and Fred Powell near Iron Mountain in 1895. On Monday, January 13, Horn was arrested in the bar of the Inter-Ocean Hotel by Laramie County Sheriff Edwin J. Smalley, accompanied by Deputy Sheriff Richard A. Proctor and Chyenne Chief of Police Sandy McNeil. Deputy United States Marshal Joe LeFors watched."

So the answer to when was he "arrested" for the murder, it was January 13, 1902.

Sorry Larsen, must have skipped your first post. congrats the carrier is yours. please pm me your address and I will send it off to you. If it's does not happen to work out for you I just ask that you pass it on the same way.

Tom Horn was arrested for the crime of Willie Nickell’s murder on January 24, 1902.

Looks like my book had the wrong date as well.

--Dawg

Let's pass this on. In the original version of True Grit just after Rooster finishes playing cards with Chen Lee (about 30 minutes into the movie) who does he say ruined Judge Parker's "good court?" Hint, I resemble that remark!

Gunner,

It'll work in a Henry, but ........ gonna look kind of funny.

Coffinmaker

PS: You won't like it for long.

Looks like I didn't win :ph34r:

GG ~ :wacko:

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
Let's pass this on. In the original version of True Grit just after Rooster finishes playing cards with Chen Lee (about 30 minutes into the movie) who does he say ruined Judge Parker's "good court?" Hint, I resemble that remark!

The Pettyfoggin Lawyers!!

pettifogging lawyers?

Looks like Cinch got it. Deuce, sent the carrier to Cinch.

Good for Cinch!.....I forgot about the carrier :ph34r: ....I was has having fun with the trivia :wacko:

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

I will take the carrier and give it to a new Cowboy I met that is interested in one:

Cinch

P.O. Box 233

Myton, Utah 84052

If anyone is interested I will use my Jet mill to lighten a brass carrier for the first person to answer the following trivia question, just mail the carrier to me and I will mail it back the following day. The karma continues...

A canadian born outlaw named George was killed by Sheriff Jessie Tyler in Grand County in Utah. His friend took revenge by killing Sheriff Tyler and his Deputy Sam Jenkins in Moab, Utah. What was George's friends assumed name?

I will take the carrier and give it to a new Cowboy I met that is interested in one:

Cinch

P.O. Box 233

Myton, Utah 84052

If anyone is interested I will use my Jet mill to lighten a brass carrier for the first person to answer the following trivia question, just mail the carrier to me and I will mail it back the following day. The karma continues...

A canadian born outlaw named George was killed by Sheriff Jessie Tyler in Grand County in Utah. His friend took revenge by killing Sheriff Tyler and his Deputy Sam Jenkins in Moab, Utah. What was George's friends assumed name?

Who is Harvey Alexander Logan (1867 - June 17, 1904), also known as Kid Curry?

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
Who is Harvey Alexander Logan (1867 - June 17, 1904), also known as Kid Curry?

Buckhorn,

I can't believe you knew that right off the top!! Kid Curry is the right answer and if ya do any studyin on him you will find he was an accomplished bad guy. Flat Nose George was killed in Grand County in the Hillcreek area of the U&O reservation at a place called Deathpoint. This is where we get our annual shoot name of Deathpoint Shootout.

Anyway if ya need the milling job just send me your carrier and I'll get it right back to ya...

Buckhorn,

I can't believe you knew that right off the top!! Kid Curry is the right answer and if ya do any studyin on him you will find he was an accomplished bad guy. Flat Nose George was killed in Grand County in the Hillcreek area of the U&O reservation at a place called Deathpoint. This is where we get our annual shoot name of Deathpoint Shootout.

Anyway if ya need the milling job just send me your carrier and I'll get it right back to ya...

Thanks Cinch...but no thank you....past the milling job on to someone who can use it..

Woodie

Curly from the Three Stooges?

hud(the 4th stooge)

Archived