SASS Wire Forum

Happy New Year... and hackers.. lol

Deja Vous

I spent part of last night upgrading my virus/firewalls.. yikes.. they did hack one smaller back account, but the card is now frozen in the rotten scums were filling up gas tanks to the tune of 100 bucks a pop.. lol. And to a food service store of some sort... Varelo something like that and a Shell. I was luck that I do not use my other accounts on line at all... but who knows how the got the information, or who go it.. The bank customer service said they line up friends at a gas station and fill up tanks I guess...

So, into 2011 with a prayer and a hope that people become better than they were on the last few days of 2010.. lol

I hope you all had a great New Years!! My favorite ones would be in AZ when my neighbor did the cast iron cook outs. True some people got a bit loaded and spent the night, but mostly it was about food and fun.. family AND friends... Someday I hope to recreate what he use to do cuz it made people so happy.

Ya/ll have the very best 2011 I am off to the store and later on to a birthday party for two very special Sass people out here... My life is blessed just by knowing them and knowing all of you... And being a little crazy helps!! I did get back to the gym as I wanted to do by the end of 2010, and back down the path to staying healthy so I can stay young, crazy, and live forever.. lol.. I was feeling a bit sluggish, some people gave me coupons for Starbucks.. I don't drink coffee so I was eating breakfast sandwiches.. swearing off of those as they slowed me way down in the last few weeks of 2010... So, back to it.. and 2011 will be a great year.... we are all going to smile, shoot and have tons of fun... hugs Deja

Don't pay a thing on line...shed all documents with any kind of personal info on them.

Don't see how they can "hack" me, but I guess if they wanted to bad enough they could.

Deja, y'all have a blessed new year ! :D

Happy New Year to you as well Deja darlin'.

I lift my glass to you and wish you a funfilled year in your new home, and with all your new friends.

Dutchman

Sure sorry to hear about that Deja..How did they manage to work the gas pumps without a credit or debit card?

Was that a "Valero" mebbe? They're a gas station/convenience store chain that we have a bunch of out here..

I spent part of last night upgrading my virus/firewalls.. yikes.. they did hack one smaller bank account, but the card is now frozen, the rotten scums were filling up gas tanks to the tune of 100 bucks a pop.. lol. And to a food service store of some sort... Varelo something like that and a Shell. I was lucky that I do not use my other accounts on line at all... but who knows how they got the information, or who go it.. The bank customer service said they line up friends at a gas station and fill up tanks I guess...
That's Valero, the mexican gasoline company... most of the stations are in lower economic neighborhoods, I think the closest to you is in Pedley on Limonite.

I had my bank debit info stolen last year from a local business. They were a crew, went into the store and replaced the card machine with one that recorded the PIN numbers on each card, then retrieved it a few days later.

Then they made their own cards and sent groups all over SoCal drawing $$ from ATM's.

Ironic part was they used mine in the city where I work, 50 miles away. Luckily after 2 withdrawls the bank shut them down due to unusual activity and then called me. Got my $$ back in 5 days.

Filed a crime report at work and turns out it was a group that netted $60,000 A DAY doing this...

They are in custody now 'cuz we had pics of them at the ATM and one had recently been arrested and was ID'ed by the dectective the moment he saw the pic. They were from Yugoslavia.

Who says crime doesn't pay?

JJJ-D

:D:unsure:

Hope you have a grand 2011 also!!

GG ~ :wacko:

Thanks you, and 2011 will be fantastic I am sure of it..

Don't pay a thing on line...shed all documents with any kind of personal info on them.

Don't see how they can "hack" me, but I guess if they wanted to bad enough they could.

Deja, y'all have a blessed new year ! :wacko:

They can hack me because I use on line banking for my account with BOA, not USB.. lol.. So they tapped a short account at least. They had a debit card, so I guess they must have had one malled to them? Not sure how t hey do it, I work on the good side of the law, and I always want to believe people are honest. Anhow, at least it wasn't my bank.. lol

Happy New Year to you as well Deja darlin'.

I lift my glass to you and wish you a funfilled year in your new home, and with all your new friends.

Dutchman

Thanks Dutches... I hopey have a great 2011 too!!!

Sure sorry to hear about that Deja..How did they manage to work the gas pumps without a credit or debit card?

Was that a "Valero" mebbe? They're a gas station/convenience store chain that we have a bunch of out here..

That BOA account is only for online stuff or gas and misc. I guess they hacked my account and then had a card mailed to them? I really don't understand crime, simply prefer to ignore it if I can??? lol. And yes two were a Valero, and one was a Shell.

That's Valero, the mexican gasoline company... most of the stations are in lower economic neighborhoods, I think the closest to you is in Pedley on Limonite.

I had my bank debit info stolen last year from a local business. They were a crew, went into the store and replaced the card machine with one that recorded the PIN numbers on each card, then retrieved it a few days later.

Then they made their own cards and sent groups all over SoCal drawing $$ from ATM's.

Ironic part was they used mine in the city where I work, 50 miles away. Luckily after 2 withdrawls the bank shut them down due to unusual activity and then called me. Got my $$ back in 5 days.

Filed a crime report at work and turns out it was a group that netted $60,000 A DAY doing this...

They are in custody now 'cuz we had pics of them at the ATM and one had recently been arrested and was ID'ed by the dectective the moment he saw the pic. They were from Yugoslavia.

Who says crime doesn't pay?

JJJ-D

:wacko::ph34r:

They actually used the cards in a different state, you would think BOA would question that, USB does... But, one gas station I use to go to all the time I notice a week ago had all the pump covered as they were not taking cards anylonger.. So, who knows.. But I think they hijacked my online, since I use the card for that. It was pretty easy to prove that I was not in that state since I was getting gas myself in CA the day it happened.. lol.. I have a USB account, I just never use it. Guess I will have to now.. Dont' even know the pin number myself on that one, so I guess I will have to call in a life line.. lol They didn't get much that is for sure!!!!!! I check my accounts daily now, lesson learned from my past, so I was able to call and get the card shut off. I really hate to see that stuff, I like trusting people... in my little fantasyland I expect it to stay that way... I will not give up what I enjoy the most about my life because of them... Sorry about your misfortune too..

They can hack me because I use on line banking for my account with BOA, not USB.. lol.. So they tapped a short account at least. They had a debit card, so I guess they must have had one malled to them? Not sure how t hey do it, I work on the good side of the law, and I always want to believe people are honest. Anhow, at least it wasn't my bank.. lol

Alrat, tell ya what we gonna do !

We gonna get a possee together and find them varmits, caughtin' them red (or green) handed.....

Den, By God, we gonna finded a tall tree and a short rope !!!! :lol:

Alrat, tell ya what we gonna do !

We gonna get a possee together and find them varmits, caughtin' them red (or green) handed.....

Den, By God, we gonna finded a tall tree and a short rope !!!! :lol:

lol.. life use to be so simple? Can I have a redo? lol.. The bank is sending me out paperwork to dispute each and every charge for their record and then they will refund my money. I guess BOA will take a while... and I am very happy I bank at two different places.. whew..

I have two bank accounts with appropriate cards to them and PayPal, . . . and don't keep enough $s in any account to be hurt too bad if it is hacked and I have to wait a bit for the bank to do a refund of what was scammed. I use PayPal as much as possible for on line purchases.

Get a stick of dinymite with a short fuse and give it BOA~~You'll be better off.

My mom had a very small fender bender no damage but to her car,about 300.00 worth

But some idioy called 911,police report made,the DMV sent her 18 pages of crap to fill out

from doctors and one doctor is 70 miles away in Bakersfield!

I never heard of such a thing.Health care reform????

Ma is a little older and never could drive worth a plug mule anyhow

but i ain't heard of such a thing

lol.. life use to be so simple? Can I have a redo? lol.. The bank is sending me out paperwork to dispute each and every charge for their record and then they will refund my money. I guess BOA will take a while... and I am very happy I bank at two different places.. whew..

Other den cowboys and cowgirls of SASS, I don't trust ANYONE AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON !!!

Yup, shore nuff you can have a redo....

All da cowboys and cowgirls hold hands, close yur eyes, (keepin yur hand to yurself ! :lol: ) click yur spurs together and repeat after me, 3 times.....

"DEYS NO PLACE LIKE DA 1880'S !!!! :blink:

I believe that my laptop got hacked on our way to Las Vegas/SASS convention.... it has a blue screen error which is cycling the laptop through the boot up/connection/get to the home page/shutoff steps and no one has been able to fix it today....

....way beyond my technology and so far it is beyond Best Buy geek squad folks as well..... none of their diagnostic software can touch the problem.

Get a stick of dinymite with a short fuse and give it BOA~~You'll be better off.

My mom had a very small fender bender no damage but to her car,about 300.00 worth

But some idioy called 911,police report made,the DMV sent her 18 pages of crap to fill out

from doctors and one doctor is 70 miles away in Bakersfield!

I never heard of such a thing.Health care reform????

Ma is a little older and never could drive worth a plug mule anyhow

but i ain't heard of such a thing

Life is too complicated for the simple country people, huh?

I believe that my laptop got hacked on our way to Las Vegas/SASS convention.... it has a blue screen error which is cycling the laptop through the boot up/connection/get to the home page/shutoff steps and no one has been able to fix it today....

....way beyond my technology and so far it is beyond Best Buy geek squad folks as well..... none of their diagnostic software can touch the problem.

If they hung by the neck until dead for stealing I bet they would stop?? At least after being caught once they would? lol

Archived