SASS Wire Forum

Bottles... Set 'em up and welcome a new Saloonatic!

Howdy~!

Would y'all join me in welcomin' a new pardette to the saloon... our newest member, Ms Helen Brimstone, SASS #90612~!

Bottles - Break out that aged jug o' Pie, if ya would... and Sarsparilla for them who ain't hairy enuf for the jug!

Careful, boys... she's got a sharp wit!! :D

Welcome Ms Helen!

No mater what's in your bottle, we'll all have a shot. Same goes your way. We'll all offer from ours.

Howdy~!

Would y'all join me in welcomin' a new pardette to the saloon... our newest member, Ms Helen Brimstone, SASS #90612~!

Bottles - Break out that aged jug o' Pie, if ya would... and Sarsparilla for them who ain't hairy enuf for the jug!

Careful, boys... she's got a sharp wit!! :D

Cool.... nice to have more members, and fun too...

Welcome Ms Helen!!!!

Make mine a double, been a bit down on my luck latey.

Chili Pepper Kid

Howdy~!

Careful, boys... she's got a sharp wit!! :P

Howdy and Welcome Ms Helen Brimstone !!!! :FlagAm:

Git up out dat chair, Okie....let a lady have a sit down.

I'll just dust it off a bit here..........

Now, what'll ya have to drink ?

Hi everyone and thanks for making me feel so welcome! Hardpan has been telling me what a great group this is and he is SO right!

Since I'm new to SASS, I need some advice as to the best sources of suitable duds for SASS events. Since I haven't yet acquired the desired shootin' irons, I'm not too focused on shootin' duds, and will probably concentrate on more formal attire. I have some rather rusty sewing skills, but am looking forward to getting back into practice. If anyone knows of a source of easy-to-use patterns for skirts and blouses, I'd be much obliged for any information you can send my way. I'm also interested in reasonably-priced ready-to-wear garments if someone has a favorite outlet or online source.

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to many exchanges in the future!

Helen Brimstone

Hi everyone and thanks for making me feel so welcome! Hardpan has been telling me what a great group this is and he is SO right!

Since I'm new to SASS, I need some advice as to the best sources of suitable duds for SASS events. Since I haven't yet acquired the desired shootin' irons, I'm not too focused on shootin' duds, and will probably concentrate on more formal attire. I have some rather rusty sewing skills, but am looking forward to getting back into practice. If anyone knows of a source of easy-to-use patterns for skirts and blouses, I'd be much obliged for any information you can send my way. I'm also interested in reasonably-priced ready-to-wear garments if someone has a favorite outlet or online source.

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to many exchanges in the future!

Helen Brimstone

Howdy Helen... Welcome to the fire...!!! There are plenty of reprobates in here, so be forwarned and... oh, wait... that WAS my point... :P

As for shooting duds for ladies of the wimmen persuasion, the list is myriad... Wild West Mercantile is my first and foremost for store-bought duds... My better half, the Lovely Ms. Maggie :blink::wub::wub: is a right fine seamstress and I'll let her wade in with her two cents on the finer points... There is another group out there called "The Carolina Belles" that do a magnificent job of sewing and all that goes with it... you may want to look up their site as well...

Oh... and while we're at it... Make mine 4 fingers of Irish Redbreast... I feel like celebrating... :FlagAm:

Vaya con Dios

Welcome to the fire Ms. Helen!!!!

...and get Bottles to set yourownself up a drink, on Flint's tab of course!

...just ask for a #4, Bottles will take it from there....

Welcome, SASS Sister.

;)Whisper mode: We girls gotta stick together to keep the Saloon (ACS) fellas in line.

:unsure:

(Whisper mode active)

And us Cowboys wood not have it any other way !!!!! :D

(Whisper mode de-active)

Thanks again for the warm reception, all. Thanks also for the suggestions as to clothing and such. I hope you're all having a fine New Years Day!

Hardpan and the Sassparilla Kid took me to the Kings River Regulators Great Rib Roundup last year, and I had a great time! After I saved Hardpan from an ornery rattler out at the range a few months ago, I thought just maybe I had what it takes to be part of this group! Hardpan and The Kid apparently agreed and presented me with a membership for Christmas, so here I am!

I'm developing quite a taste for "apple pie", by the way! :D

Howdy Ma'am,

As Flint was a sayin...

Wild West Mercantile will git ya going. Recolections has some of the purtiest ball gowns.

You might want to take a gander at Buckaroo Bobbins for patterns and then head over to the Carolina Belles and see some of the finery them gals is whoopin up!

Fresno??? I gots to be a makin a road trip. I dun heard bout them Kings River folks afore...

Welcome, Ms Helen. Hope ya' enjoy your time here in the Saloon. Bottles - set the young lady up with two - first for thirst, the second for taste... Aw heck, you can even put it on my tab - just got paid.

:blink:

Welcome, Ms Helen. Hope ya' enjoy your time here in the Saloon. Bottles - set the young lady up with two - first for thirst, the second for taste... Aw heck, you can even put it on my tab - just got paid.

:blink:

Thanks. Wild Bill. I'll take you up on that offer! I'll have a coupla apple pies, three fingers each. I'm actually going to have a nip o' the stuff before I retire for the night in a few minutes. To yer health, kind sir!!! :blink:

Thanks. Wild Bill. I'll take you up on that offer! I'll have a coupla apple pies, three fingers each. I'm actually going to have a nip o' the stuff before I retire for the night in a few minutes. To yer health, kind sir!!! :blink:

Helen welcome... I have found a few things on Ebay pretty cheap. And I make a lot of my skirts. I love patterns and I have a couple from Truly Victorian... www.trulyvictorian.com out of riverside Ca. I found them when I was in MO, and started making most of my stuff before I move to CA. Hats are easy, I have found several at flea markets and garage sales and just added veils, and flowers to them. It all depends upon how you want to dress. Some dress more cowgirl, some more soiled dove and some more victorian lady like. when I first started out with the name I was going to pattern myself after and ancestor. And I kinda have, but I add my own twist to it too.. and I have kept some of my own culture in my costume with turquoise, or mocs... Just have fun with it.. don't take it too serious and you will have so much fun!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Deja.

Archived