SASS Wire Forum

Refinishing a Ruger Vaquero

Charlie Harley, #14153

I "antiqued" my two Vaquero several years ago using a weak vinegar/water solution. It's been fun for a bunch of years but I'm starting to think that maybe restoring them would be nice and then letting them naturally "age".

Does anyone know of a gunsmith who they'd trust to do this type of work and what they might charge? I don't want to send it back to Ruger and have them restore the gun's springs and other internal tweaks.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

I sent a vaquero back to Ruger for refinising this summer. True, they did take out the springs and put standard Ruger springs in there place. Buttttttttt they returned the removed springs with the Vaquero. I had the old springs reinstaled and I was back in business. Winter Texan

what is Ruger charging nowadays to re-blue a gun ? I'v got a blackhawk that could use a little facelift

Howdy

If you go to Ruger's homepage, they have the schedule of service fees in a pull down menu under customer service.

Dog Ears - here's the link to our dear departed pard Longshot Logan's page on antiquing a pistol:

http://members.cox.net/longshot_logan/index.htm

Thanks for the link, Captain. I just bookmarked it. I'd still like to see CH's guns, though.

Archived