SASS Wire Forum

New Camper ,Need a generator

Tuco Taveras SASS#79313

Anybody know anything about this one.

3300 59db

My son just bought a 1982 Econoline 350 Glendale Class C in very, very good condition, all appliances work withteh exception of the Water Heater Ignitor. It does not have a Generator and he was looking for soemthing to power the 1350 roof top coleman A/C. I know the 3500 will do it it says it is 60db which is quiet. And it weighs 70 lbs.

Doc

Lots of good advice already given.

Do a google or yahoo search and you'll find lots of write ups such as;

http://www.campinglife.com/output.cfm?id=1112113

Seems like Yamaha and Honda usually lead the choices in the small units.

Another web-site with thousands of RV users is http://www.rv.net/forum/ It is a great site to get lots of information from people that use a lot of different RV's in all types of weather/climate.

Much Abliged Pard! That sound like the sight I need for advice...I'm new to the RV world and need lots of help before the Winter range maiden voyage>>>>>Tuco

Most shoots anymore that have on site camping have quite hours posted. This means you can only run the gen set outside those hours. Folks should not be too upset when folks abide by those rules. For those of us with gen sets, it is a bit frustrating when a guy with a tent looks over a great big open field and then puts up his tent next to my gen set exhaust then asks not so nicely that I not run the gen set because it bothers him. It goes both ways folks, live with it. That is the reason any more we likely choose to not put our RV on site at the shoot and instead use a close by RV park.

Something to remember.

For every 3db increase.... the noise lever DOUBLES!

A 60 db generator is twice as loud as a 57 db generator... a 63 db generator is four times as loud... a 66 db is 8 times as loud etc, etc.

Snakebite

What are you talking about??????????db is decibels ,where did you ever hear 3db .s the noise level doubles ....at that rate a big 6500watt gen would be as loud as a jet engine!!!!!!!

Something to remember.

For every 3db increase.... the noise lever DOUBLES!

A 60 db generator is twice as loud as a 57 db generator... a 63 db generator is four times as loud... a 66 db is 8 times as loud etc, etc.

Snakebite

What are you talking about??????????db is decibels ,where did you ever hear 3db .s the noise level doubles ....at that rate a big 6500watt gen would be as loud as a jet engine!!!!!!!

I believe our Fillmore Coffins, SASS #7884, is in the portable generator bidness somehow. I'd contact him.

I've bought a firearm from him, and I can recommend him as an upright pard.

BTW: Our Sam's Club has a 56 db 2000 watt generator for about half of the Hondas. We run two 2000 watt Hondas siamesed together to run our 27' fiver. A good, if pricey solution.

Snakebite is correct. Every 3 db sound intensity levels double. db is not the watt or power rating of the machine but the noise level of the machine. So a machine at 61 db has twice the sound intensity as one that is 58 db.

Thanks for the thumbs up Uno Mas. It's true that I work on generators of all sizes, some as big as your garage. I can try to help anyone with true technical questions, I just don't talk dbs. It's either loud or it ain't.

Fillmore

Howdy Tuco,

No disrespect intended. Mostly tin tenters tend to tent together. Us soft siders simply set up somewhere else. FWIW, I have a fine cast iron stove and a stove jack in my tent. We camp comfortable. Stop by for a libation.

DD-DLoS

Archived