SASS Wire Forum

Gun safes

Saville

After two months, I finally made the decision as to what brand to purchase.

My final three, Costco, Liberty and Sturdy. Sturdy Safes, very expensive, Costco the best deal and a quality safe, however my wife told me and used her womanly ways and persuaded me to go with the most important thing to her. White color and factory paint job and delivered inside the home.

Therefore, I went with the Liberty Franklin that included in-home delivery, door accessory, electrical outlet and a 100.00 refund on purchases before December 31st.

If nothing else Google the brands you are considering and include the word ‘complaints’. This immediately narrowed my search from six manufacturers to the above three.

There appears to be some shysters in the safe business!

As to size, go one or two sizes above what you think you know that you need.

Speaking of gun insurance if you are a Vet Armed Forces Insurance Leavenworth Kansas offers a gun rider with no deductable, full replacement cost, unexplained loss, breakage and theft for $20 per thousand.

Their basic policy covers guns with whatever your deductable is as part of the basic policy. The unexplained loss is like you leave your gun on a firing point at the range, discover you don't have it and go back for it to find it gone.

Sounded kinda like a theft to me but without any obvious signs of break it. Suppose it would cover leaning the gun against the side of the truck and driving off without it too.

Oooops.

Seems like I kinda didn't count right. At least I had 22 guns right cept those were just handguns. Need to find a place for the other 20 long guns. Seems to me the Rio Brazos Kid mentioned something about getting a BIG safe. Reckon tha's gonna blow my $1300 :unsure:)

BTW thanks for the input.

I was looking at those Bighorn safes. Seem they are not bad.

Saville

Personally, I did not want the biggest safe. Instead I have purchased four 26-28 gun safes. I did not have a large enough space for that large safe as-well-as I could not move it into place by myself. I bought a pallet hand truck which allows me to pick-up and move the other safes. I have two inside the house, inside closets, and two larger safes bolted in the garage and am looking for a 5th safe.

Those darn guns just keep multiplying.

Lone Rider

Speaking of gun insurance if you are a Vet Armed Forces Insurance Leavenworth Kansas offers a gun rider with no deductable, full replacement cost, unexplained loss, breakage and theft for $20 per thousand.

Their basic policy covers guns with whatever your deductable is as part of the basic policy. The unexplained loss is like you leave your gun on a firing point at the range, discover you don't have it and go back for it to find it gone.

Sounded kinda like a theft to me but without any obvious signs of break it. Suppose it would cover leaning the gun against the side of the truck and driving off without it too.

Can you give me more info?

RRR

Archived