SASS Wire Forum

Your hard-earned tax dollars at work!

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

1- Establish a committee to evaluate new uniform colors while engaged in two simultaneous wars.

2- Invest several million dollars into testing on camouflage pattern effectiveness, durability, and fabric and uniform design.

3- Select the uniform that scored the LOWEST in all of the tested categories, and was unanimously recommend to be discarded by the committee members because the General in charge thought it looked the best.

4- Invest millions more dollars into converting the largest branch of the military to the new, proven-ineffective uniform.

5- Wait a few years for the conversion to be complete, require all officers to trash their serviceable uniforms and buy the new uniform at their own expense, then admit it was a mistake.

6- Rather than selecting one of the previously-tested designs, create a new committee and invest millions of dollars into a new round of testing to replace the new uniform that, as predicted, has been proven to be ineffective, rapidly falls apart in field conditions, and is more expensive than the one it replaced, all while STILL engaged in two simultaneous wars...PRICEL--wait, it's not priceless, it's costing MILLIONS!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is your hard-earned tax dollars at work. Sometimes I wonder if holding on for my retirement check will be worth it.

As a nation, we have forgotten all the things that made us a great nation. In my opinion, we are on the path to becoming a third world power. I am grateful that I will not live long enough to see this come to pass, but I would put a time frame on it of within fifty years and perhaps more like 25 years.

Rome did it, and I believe we will too.

That is my opinion YMMV

Here's my thing - we have five branches of the Armed Forces, though I am not aware of the Coast Guard having a ground force overseas.

The Army & the Marines are ground pounders, they require camo.

The Air Force, while it has forward deployed troops, to my knowledge does not operate outside of the fences of a (semi) secured base.

The Navy has taken on more an more roles of supply convoy, detention facilities, & admin. With that said, the Navy does not need it's own camo pattern either.

If one camo pattern works the best, that's what all forces should use in that are of operations - woodland or desert.

And the uniform cut does not need to be different for each brach either. Which cut/pattern works the best?

And finally, camo uniforms should not be worn by Stateside personnel working behind a desk. If you have to train/perform maneuvers, fine. Otherwise put on a decent uniform.

1- Establish a committee to evaluate new uniform colors while engaged in two simultaneous wars.

2- Invest several million dollars into testing on camouflage pattern effectiveness, durability, and fabric and uniform design.

3- Select the uniform that scored the LOWEST in all of the tested categories, and was unanimously recommend to be discarded by the committee members because the General in charge thought it looked the best.

4- Invest millions more dollars into converting the largest branch of the military to the new, proven-ineffective uniform.

5- Wait a few years for the conversion to be complete, require all officers to trash their serviceable uniforms and buy the new uniform at their own expense, then admit it was a mistake.

6- Rather than selecting one of the previously-tested designs, create a new committee and invest millions of dollars into a new round of testing to replace the new uniform that, as predicted, has been proven to be ineffective, rapidly falls apart in field conditions, and is more expensive than the one it replaced, all while STILL engaged in two simultaneous wars...PRICEL--wait, it's not priceless, it's costing MILLIONS!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is your hard-earned tax dollars at work. Sometimes I wonder if holding on for my retirement check will be worth it.

Why da heck is da Army doin' dat when it seem ta me dat da uniform dey got now will still work ? :FlagAm:

Now I know why I reitred from da Army................Or do I ? :)

Archived