SASS Wire Forum

Price check

Stopped by the store on the way home and it's $30 a bottle...price increase fer New Year Celebrations maybe. Seems the last bottle purchased in Sept, was around $25.

What's Bulleit going fer in yore area?

Chili Pepper (may go back ta rotgut stuff) Kid

. . . . a good thing I drank a lifetimes worth of booze in half a lifetime and then quit . . .

. . . cuz . . . . . I cudn't affurd to get drunk now a days . . .

Way, . . way, . . way back . . . while living downtown in San Diego . . . .

thur'd be an occasional sale on my favorite brand of Scotch Whisky . . .

( which I always bought when back in Ohio but which wasn't commonly available in liker stores in Ca. )

The sale wuz at a store down in Mission Valley . . . .

I'd go down and fill a grocerie bag ( paper only back in those days ) wtih 6 bottles of it and stock the top shelf of my cupboard with it . . . .

. . . they'd have a sale offten enough that my supply wouldn't ever be completely depleted, . . .

COST ? . . . . . $ 4.50 a bottle :FlagAm:

State Liquor Store? ;)

Yes, in New Hampshire Liquor is a state run monopoly and people come from all around to buy here. Sometimes in the past their home states have tried various methods to get their residents to pay their states' taxes on the booze bought in NH. The border wars with Massachusetts and Connecticut were big news. One time, many years ago Mass posted a State Trooper at the liquor store to call in the license plates of people who bought cases of stuff here and there would be a detail across the border to stop the buyers on their way home. Our Governor had the NH State Police detain the Mass Trooper. Connecticut did a similar thing back in the early 70s. :FlagAm:

We make it easy for folks by building a Liquor Store on all the major entries to the state as well as on the Interstate Highways. But, please, Don't Drink and Drive.

Dog Ears that why one of the nick names for us Granite staters is "baggers" which refers to how we take our booze out of the store, in brown paper bags. Or for those who buy in bulk, the cardboard case cartons.

And as much as I hate to admit it I have an unopened bottle in the kitchen Wild Bill gave me in 2004!

. . . . a good thing I drank a lifetimes worth of booze in half a lifetime and then quit . . .

. . . cuz . . . . . I cudn't affurd to get drunk now a days . . .

:FlagAm:;)

iremember them days

Way, . . way, . . way back . . . while living downtown in San Diego . . . .

thur'd be an occasional sale on my favorite brand of Scotch Whisky . . .

( which I always bought when back in Ohio but which wasn't commonly available in liker stores in Ca. )

The sale wuz at a store down in Mission Valley . . . .

I'd go down and fill a grocerie bag ( paper only back in those days ) wtih 6 bottles of it and stock the top shelf of my cupboard with it . . . .

. . . they'd have a sale offten enough that my supply wouldn't ever be completely depleted, . . .

COST ? . . . . . $ 4.50 a bottle ;)

Yes, in New Hampshire Liquor is a state run monopoly

In Alabama too. A few years back they did start allowing private owned liquor stores, but they have to buy it from the state, so of course it's cheaper at the State stores. The private owned ones stay in business because they keep longer hours.

You guys need to be shopping at Sam's Wholesale for you bulleit -$18.99/bottle. Saw it today but still have some from the last (first) bottle I bought a few months ago. Too dang stout for my gut, I'll stick to the Crown Royal.

Cash

Stopped by the store on the way home and it's $30 a bottle...price increase fer New Year Celebrations maybe. Seems the last bottle purchased in Sept, was around $25.

What's Bulleit going fer in yore area?

Chili Pepper (may go back ta rotgut stuff) Kid

Found a store dat has it at last !!! :FlagAm:

$22.95 a bottle here.

Archived