SASS Wire Forum

Another "blanks" post for our VFW & American Legion posts

Mustang Gregg

:blink::lol::):D:FlagAm:

We are having a tough time finding .30 cal blanks for ceremonial use. We have tried to get them through channels, but it ain't happening.

DAMNED RED TAPE!!!

If anyone has acquired any blanks recently, let me know.

I am willing to buy them outright and donate them to our local posts.

BTW---Cheaper Than Dirt shows them on their site, but they ain't had any for over a year. :angry:

Much obliged,

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm:;);):FlagAm::FlagAm:

Rawhide Red:

Thank you for responding. I will send you a PM immediately.

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm:;);):FlagAm::FlagAm:

Black Harris:

I recollect our adjutant contacted them last week. He said they didn't have any .30-06. But I will re-check tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Pard!

Mustang

We were down to enuff for one more ceremony when we found some somewhere.

Sorry I don't know where but I can find out.

I think I also have a coupla dozen on Garand clips around here somewhere if I can find them and would be happy to ship those to you.

I am the Garrison Public Affairs Officer for Rock Island Arsenal.

For weapons for your VFW salute battery, contact 309-782-6617.

Initially the weapons will be issued with blanks.

For replacement blanks, contact 309-782-4608.

Feel free to PM me if these numbers or contacts don't work, and I'll work through the organizations here to make certain we get you the correct point of contact.

:FlagAm::):D:blink::ph34r:

Thanks to all who've respomded. :)

We already have our brace of WWII-era M-1 Garands and some enbloc clips.

All we need now are the blanks themselves. I will be contacting you Pards who left your info.

BTW--I did find that Midway USA has the Prvi Partisan blanks at about 50 cents per shot. So I will buy a couple of boxes and donate them to the Legion until I can get a decent quantity.

Thanky to all!

Mustang Gregg

Try this company, I use to buy there plastic safety blanks for western shows and did also order a sample pack of there other blanks.

http://mfgresearch.net/page3.html

thanks for a useful link I gaff firearms for local theater productions (Did Oklahoma a few years back and as well as gaffing the guns I had the part of Jud (yes I know typecast again) and that had 3 different guns in it; and for some productions I had to resort to hand loads with magicians flash paper as the wad due to lack of a proper crimped safety blank for the gun the director wanted to use... I have always made sure all permits and safety procedures were employed; the guns leave my hands back stage only when needed on stage and performers are properly trained about aiming upstage of the target performer (so it looks right from the audience but the gun is never pointed directly at the target performer) but I prefer proper crimped blanks so thanks for this source their Glock replacement barrel system will let me offer a semi auto pistol to directors that will fire more than one shot as well

(that Swansons movie blanks link went to one of the most useless web pages I have seen in quite a while reminded me of the web pages some folks were using in the mid 90s that were just copies of their yellow pages add :unsure: )

Thanks again

Windy

Archived