SASS Wire Forum

Interested in Reading an Account of the Black Hills

Hi Folks,

I've posted a link to this book and mentioned it before. After reading a bit more of it (I still haven't read it all), I thought that those of you who like tales of the 1800s might enjoy it.

I just read the part about Calamity Jane today. I find her to be spunky, smart, bawdy, kind...

Anyway, this book was co-written by Hubby's great-great grandfather, Jesse Brown. You can download it (Kindle or pdf...) or read it online here. The title is Black Hills Trails.

Happy Trails!

Allie Mo

Thanks, sounds interesting. I've downloaded it and will add it to my Sony eReader. I have quite a collection waiting to be read. Just got the eReader for Christmas and am amazed at all of the free public domain books out there, including cowboy related and early western accounts. Zane Grey novels, first hand accounts of life among the Indians, etc.

BB

Hi Folks,

I've posted a link to this book and mentioned it before. After reading a bit more of it (I still haven't read it all), I thought that those of you who like tales of the 1800s might enjoy it.

I just read the part about Calamity Jane today. I find her to be spunky, smart, bawdy, kind...

Anyway, this book was co-written by Hubby's great-great grandfather, Jesse Brown. You can download it (Kindle or pdf...) or read it online here. The title is Black Hills Trails.

Happy Trails!

Allie Mo

Thank you Allie for the info and link. This is just too cool a read, I am hooked.....

JJJ-D

:blink::lol:

Allie

Thanks for the link. In the 1870's my great grandfather and his brother hauled feight west from Vermillion SD to as far as the Yellowstone area. They also hired out a surveyors of the Black Hills. This will be a "must read".

Mack

I've got it downloaded and I went straight to Chapter VII LAW AND ORDER ESTABLISHED...

It's like watching DEADWOOD all over again!

This is prettty cool.

Thanks

Thank you Sweetie. First time I have ever read a book on the monitor. Might have to get one of those reader gadgets. I am up to page 148. Been all over that country, so it is really neat.

Willie

Archived