SASS Wire Forum

Thumbs up to Taylors & Co.

RLMartin

My wife and I went to Winchester, VA last week to spend Christmas with her parents and while we were there we stopped in Taylors. What a nice group of people. Is it all ladies running that place? That's all I saw. They were all great, but Ashley was especially helpful and seemed pretty darn knowledgable. I'd doubt there's a question I could have come up with about their inventory that she couldn't have answered. She took the time to show me any of the guns they had on display that I asked about and was familiar with their operation. As a matter of fact, there were a couple of times that I was ready to turn a leave when she asked if I wanted to see this or that gun and I ended up looking at them as well. A friendly and knowledgable staff is key to any any successful business and Taylors surely has that one down pat. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience with them. Now I just need to decide if I'm ready to drop the money on another gun. There are several "cowboy" guns I'd still like to get, but I'm really kind of taken with the idea of the Sharps Half Pint rifle in .22 LR, or maybe the 1885 Low Wall in .22, oh I just can't decide.

I try to avoid the place as it usually causes my net worth to drop by a thousand $$$ or so. You look at something on the rack and the next thing you know there are three brand new ones in front of you in boxes. "Pick the one you like best." I managed to escape from Taylors somehow my last visit without buying a Burgess. The temptation in there is just too much for me.

Archived