SASS Wire Forum

Unusual Marlin ejector

Doc Fill 'Em 67797

Recently got a 1998 vintage Cowboy Limited 38/357. When I get a new, used gun I like to tear it down and clean it real good. It has an unusual (to me) ejector. I'm thinkin' maybe the pre-safety guns used this style. All my Marlins have the safety, I'm not as familiar with the older guns. Anybody know?

Here's a picture comparing the two styles

Pre-safety.............Did a gun for my wife's grandmother.....it' was a presafety and had exactly the ejector in it....

My cowboy has an ejector like that. It has a safety and is around 2001 vintage. Marlin no longer makes these but says the lower ejector in you picture will work fine if you need a replacement.

Top one (long) is the old style, bottom is the new. Long ones are no longer available but you may find some as old stock but don't worry, the short ejectors work just fine. When you replace them, don't forget to clean out the ejector tunnel (lots of carbon gets in here) and properly tension the spring.

Pre-safety.............Did a gun for my wife's grandmother.....it' was a presafety and had exactly the ejector in it....

WRONG.....I have both pre and post safety marlin '94's and the ejector is the same(short spring).

The "long-spring" ejector is a very early style and you can(on the 2 I have replaced)drop in the new style in it's place.

Respectfully,

LG

WRONG.....I have both pre and post safety marlin '94's and the ejector is the same(short spring).

The "long-spring" ejector is a very early style and you can(on the 2 I have replaced)drop in the new style in it's place.

Respectfully,

LG

Thanks for the history lesson......but if they both work in his gun, does it really matter????

Respectfully....

You can only buy the "short-leg" style now.

Cheers,

LG

Yep,.....knew that.....

I have The long one in an

Old Carbine with the gold trigger.My newer old ones have the short ones. But like the others have stated the short will work fine. NBC

I have The long one in an

Old Carbine with the gold trigger.My newer old ones have the short ones. But like the others have stated the short will work fine. NBC

I had the same long ejector in my 94 carbine (44 Mag/no safety). When I sent it to Marlin for a Cowboy conversion (2001) they replaced it with the short ejector.

Happy New Year to all

DD

Archived