SASS Wire Forum

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Grapeshot 8553

I picked up a boxed set of "Wanted: Dead or Alive" DVD's a few months back and decided to open the package and watch a few shows. Other than the fact that Steve McQueen was such a young man back in those days I was surprised to see who the eppisodes villians were. They both became TV Western stars in their time, but I was caught a bit off guard.

The first one I recognized was a young Nick Adams, a.k.a Johny Yuma, The Rebel. The second actor that played his brother was none other than the Teenage Werewolf and later known as Little Joe Cartright, Michael Landon.

It's strange how you get to see how some of our legendary characters got their start. :rolleyes:

I picked up a boxed set of "Wanted: Dead or Alive" DVD's a few months back and decided to open the package and watch a few shows. Other than the fact that Steve McQueen was such a young man back in those days I was surprised to see who the eppisodes villians were. They both became TV Western stars in their time, but I was caught a bit off guard.

The first one I recognized was a young Nick Adams, a.k.a Johny Yuma, The Rebel. The second actor that played his brother was none other than the Teenage Werewolf and later known as Little Joe Cartright, Michael Landon.

It's strange how you get to see how some of our legendary characters got their start. :blush:

Hey Grapeshot, Did ya like the 45-70's on his belt?? Wonder how he got 'em in his .44-40 rifle!? :rolleyes:

Hey Grapeshot, Did ya like the 45-70's on his belt?? Wonder how he got 'em in his .44-40 rifle!? :blush:

Very carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Grapeshot, Did ya like the 45-70's on his belt?? Wonder how he got 'em in his .44-40 rifle!? :rolleyes:

All Hooyweird. The Doc trying to patch up Landan said that he had be shot with a 30-30.

All Hooyweird. The Doc trying to patch up Landan said that he had be shot with a 30-30.

Coulda been. Randall's gun was a 1892, so someone being shot with a cartridge from 1895 isn't too far-fetched.

Coulda been. Randall's gun was a 1892, so someone being shot with a cartridge from 1895 isn't too far-fetched.

Alpo! Ain't heard from you for awhile. Not withstanding the time frame, .30-30 carts are longer than .44-40 that Randall's Mare's Leg was chambered for. Never mind that he carried all those .45-70 Cartridges in his belt. The 1894, although can be modified to shoot pistol length Cartridges, was built for Cartridges on the longish side like the .32 Win. Spl. & .30-30 not to mention the .38-55. :rolleyes:

Ahhh. Was not aware that Josh had shot L'il Joe. Thought some random NPC had shot him, and you were just upset with the 30/30 reference, like when them idiots in the saloon, in Unforgiven, wanted more 30/30 ammo, in 1881 (English Bob was expounding upon the recent assassination of President Garfield, so that's how I know the date).

Yep, I know there ain't no way no how that 30/30s'd fit in that 92.

How's your balloon?

Archived