SASS Wire Forum

Went shopping yesterday

I made the tour of my favorite money pit$ down in Ashland yesterday, Green Top Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro Shops (known as the Firearms Triangle in those parts, since all 3 are all close together).

Wide variance in prices for the same stuff. I got 2 cans of Trailboss at Green Top for $13.99 a can. TB was $14.99 at Bass Pro, and $24.99 at Gander. I've got several years worth of primers now, so wasn't looking for them, but did notice that Bass Pro and Gander were selling WLP's for $3.99 per 100. Gander also had 10 pound bags of shot for $16.99 a bag. They can keep them at that price. I was also looking for a Uberti 1858 Remington conversion in .45 Colt with 8 inch barrel, but no luck at any of the three places. So, if I don't find one at the gun show this weekend, a road trip to Taylors may be in order.

Gift cards are lost, tossed out with wrappings and trash... or in some cases not all the value is used. The card may only have a small amount left of it like 1.73 or something. So, since it can't be used for a full purchase people don't pull it out to make a partial payment with it. I do wonder how much is made in FREE money off gift cards? There needs to be a gift card cemetary I guess.

Archived