SASS Wire Forum

CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

Had a fine time.

Spent Friday reloading and relaxing. Saturday, of course, we opened presents and Calico was so tickled with her new lawnmower, she wanted to crank it up and mow tumbleweeds. That Husqvarna did a great job - started on her first pull, ate the weeds, and was ever so quiet! Later we loaded up the horses and went trailriding in the Garden of the Gods. Hit some rough trails, with rock scrambling, until we figured out some better routes. Alas & Rowdy were nice and steady, taking the rough terrain seriously and paying attention.

Sunday, we knocked out a few chores around the ranch and then harnessed up the Littles (miniatures) and drove down the road to where a neighbor & some friends were having target practice. The noise doesn't seem to bother Little Dickens or Little Rascal, so we had a fine drive down the road & back, Calico & I in our two wheel cart. The Littles don't have any trouble pulling us at a trot, up hill and down, hardpack or soft sand. Strong little fellows!

Nice, shirt-sleeve weather all weekend after the morning warm-up. We'll pay for that later this week, though!

Buena suerte, y Feliz Navidad

eGG

Semi-routine weekend at Chez Spooky.

Saturday, because the weather was amenable, took down some screens and washed the windows at the front of the house. Then settled down to what has become a tradition of a sort with me. Watched both the Paul Muni and Al Pacino versions of Scarface and Ben Hur and King of Kings.

Routine Sunday. Watched the quail and little birds drink and cavort in the small drinking pool I placed for them. Then watched football and read the Sunday papers, ending with doing the NY Times crossword puzzle. Finished the day polishing off what remained of Ann Tique's incomparable lasagne. Movies watched included The Right Stuff and a copy of an HBO special Conspiracy.

Turkey is in the oven now for a dayafter dayafter Christmas supper. :huh:

Managed to walk about 1/4 mi each of the last two days and this morning I drug myself up in to the truck and went all the way to the Post Office and Dove Creek and back without blowin any stitches. Life is good. <_<

Christmas morning, I saddled Sage and took a solitary ride through the snow and pines, for me it's going to church, the quiet, the majesty of the winter in the mountains. I was able to get home, change and hit the slopes at Deer Valley for half day, the sun was out, about 28 with 84 inches of fresh packed powder, finished off the day with an Elk Tenderloin on teh grill, some grilled asperagas, garlic mashed and a bottle of Opus.

Had a fine time.

Spent Friday reloading and relaxing. Saturday, of course, we opened presents and Calico was so tickled with her new lawnmower, she wanted to crank it up and mow tumbleweeds. That Husqvarna did a great job - started on her first pull, ate the weeds, and was ever so quiet! Later we loaded up the horses and went trailriding in the Garden of the Gods. Hit some rough trails, with rock scrambling, until we figured out some better routes. Alas & Rowdy were nice and steady, taking the rough terrain seriously and paying attention.

Sunday, we knocked out a few chores around the ranch and then harnessed up the Littles (miniatures) and drove down the road to where a neighbor & some friends were having target practice. The noise doesn't seem to bother Little Dickens or Little Rascal, so we had a fine drive down the road & back, Calico & I in our two wheel cart. The Littles don't have any trouble pulling us at a trot, up hill and down, hardpack or soft sand. Strong little fellows!

Nice, shirt-sleeve weather all weekend after the morning warm-up. We'll pay for that later this week, though!

Buena suerte, y Feliz Navidad

eGG

So, my question would be how come those hay burners are not eating the grass?? lol....

Turkey is in the oven now for a dayafter dayafter Christmas supper. :P

Managed to walk about 1/4 mi each of the last two days and this morning I drug myself up in to the truck and went all the way to the Post Office and Dove Creek and back without blowin any stitches. Life is good. :blush:

Utahs.. only you would try to walk with stiches.. loll.. you are a riot..

Christmas morning, I saddled Sage and took a solitary ride through the snow and pines, for me it's going to church, the quiet, the majesty of the winter in the mountains. I was able to get home, change and hit the slopes at Deer Valley for half day, the sun was out, about 28 with 84 inches of fresh packed powder, finished off the day with an Elk Tenderloin on teh grill, some grilled asperagas, garlic mashed and a bottle of Opus.

Dustys lol you lost me at the powder.. brrrrr i hope you had the best Christmas ever...

So, my question would be how come those hay burners are not eating the grass?? lol....

GRASS? We only had 4.24 inches of precipitation thus far this year. It may not seem like much, except on the day we get it. There is hope for more Thursday night.

We generally only keep them on pasture 4 months of the year, and they can't be trusted to graze around the house, and stay there.

Calico is a frustrated gardener who tries to grow vegies & flowers and keep the house area looking reasonable. There are places that her riding mower just cannot reach.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Archived