SASS Wire Forum

About Shooting With Two Hands

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

From the looks of the second picture the trigger pull on that pistol must be awful!! :lol:

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

This was the Duke in a "modern" detective movie. You won't find him shootin two hands in a Western!

Hoss

This was the Duke in a "modern" detective movie. You won't find him shootin two hands in a Western!

Hoss

Excellent point Hoss! :lol:

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
If the Duke can shoot that way so can i! :angry:

Exactly right!

That was my point of posting this!

Besides sometimes I just want to use both hands, and since this is America ... I can! :blink:

Please have a Happy New Year pards!

:rolleyes:

Gentlemen, As someone who has faced a target that shot back you can't even began to compare any other type or style of shooting as a reference to what you would do when THE SHTF!

Well when u get to be an old guy, u will find out u can no longer just use one hand. fingers get cranky and not woork as the once did.

But I can have just as much fun as those one handed cowboys.

Eat, drink and shoot, for tomorrow u may not be able.

CCBA :blink:

Well when u get to be an old guy, u will find out u can no longer just use one hand. fingers get cranky and not woork as the once did.

But I can have just as much fun as those one handed cowboys.

Eat, drink and shoot, for tomorrow u may not be able.

CCBA :blink:

I'll drink to that!

Shoot with as many hands as you have, as you have got, as you can or as you care to! This is a game, let's enjoy it!

I'm currently trying to plan 3 surgeries (ulnar nerve, rebuild both thumbs) without completely destroying next year's season and try to figure out what category I can shoot in before/between/after the surgeries. This makes me think that the guys who make fun of other people's shooting styles are in for a rude awakening when they wake up one morning and can't find that kid they're used to looking at in the mirror because some old geezer has hidden him away.

This makes me think that the guys who make fun of other people's shooting styles are in for a rude awakening when they wake up one morning and can't find that kid they're used to looking at in the mirror because some old geezer has hidden him away.

No truer words were ever spoken...unfortunately.

(By the way, good luck on the surgeries, Cap'n.)

I have seen a few times that when I had time or was trying to made a longer shot I would have used both hands and both feet if it would help me hit the hombre i was trying to drop. Knowing that the supect if he got away would later be hiding in the brush waiting for me to past so he could shoot me in the back. Ask anyone who has been in a few gun fights about the one that sometimes gets away is the very one you wanted the most and I am sure there is not a one of us that if we knew a two hand shot would make the difference not one of us would think a secound about doing it. What ever works use it. As said above when they shoot back thats a whole differnt matter.

Texas Man

As much as I would like to shoot double duelist or Gunfighter. The right shoulder only allows me to bring a pistol up to eye level for 1 or 2 stages and the 2 only on a very good day. VA says it is service connected so I don't feel like a total wusssssssss but...

So I shoot the left gun one handed and the right with two, and say thanks to those that tell me my times would be better if I shot both with both hands.

I'm currently trying to plan 3 surgeries (ulnar nerve, rebuild both thumbs) without completely destroying next year's season and try to figure out what category I can shoot in before/between/after the surgeries. This makes me think that the guys who make fun of other people's shooting styles are in for a rude awakening when they wake up one morning and can't find that kid they're used to looking at in the mirror because some old geezer has hidden him away.

Capt. George; I don't know how close carpal tunnel surgery is to what you are scheduled to have done, but when you think about it, carpal tunnel surgery starts and goes through the palm of ones hand and the recoil of a handgun would have a serious impact on the surgery area. The operation took less than one hour and I was out of bandages/stitches within a week or two. Recovered use of my hand (with therapy) was about two months out, so I was able to write and sign checks etc. But the ability to fire a recoiling hand gun took about six months post surgery. So it won't take you out for the whole season but a darn good chunk of it. Smithy.

It was a horrible blow to my ego the day I went to look in the mirror and found Wilfred Brimley looking back at me.

My point of view is this: I am going to use all of the tools that I have at my disposal (i.e. two hands) to do the job. I don't shoot pistols well enough to to handicap myself by only using one hand. If I had the talent to shoot gunfighter, I would since this is using both hands to greatest effect.

Archived