SASS Wire Forum

Hunkapi and the meaning..

Deja Vous

Hunkapi

Most of you will not know what that means, but it is a ceremony for “making of relatives”… There are many ceremony’s in Lakota Culture, just like any culture. This one comes to mind tonight only because a good friend has received bad news.

I will say this news was not given to all us because he wanted to spare us a Merry Christmas. More words are “a oglueyea” which means overwhelmed, and “can wiye mni” a word for anger… Which is what I was, when I found out it had been withheld.. and lastly is “aki” which means cure. Which is what I want to have happen, and I do that thru the power of “prayer” yep, same word to me.. Prayer..

So, on my drive home tonight, I took the long way doing what I do when I need time to clear my head. I drive fast and hard with the wind blasting in the windows… and this is what came to me. Was posting and asking for your prayers. While I do not know many words, I know a few, and I have a few life lines that help me out.

… So… please pray for my friend, and please add a little something extra for Jitteyr’s, the “inyan” in our lives… which is rock or stone… Thanks for the prayers..

I will gladly add my prayers for a cure. But I have lived long enough to learn that God's

will is not BMC's will. I ask for the things that I know that He will give, His Love, His Peace,

and His Understanding. I also ask for His cure, but I will accept what ever He sends. He knows much more about what is good for us than we do ourselves.

JJ that doesn't mean that you are not on the spot to get well. We are giving you warning that if you don't, more prayers will follow. AND you know what a pest BMC can be.

God bless you both.

Deja, I don't speak Lakota-speak very well.

I will gladly add my prayers for a cure. But I have lived long enough to learn that God's

will is not BMC's will. I ask for the things that I know that He will give, His Love, His Peace,

and His Understanding. I also ask for His cure, but I will accept what ever He sends. He knows much more about what is good for us than we do ourselves.

JJ that doesn't mean that you are not on the spot to get well. We are giving you warning that if you don't, more prayers will follow. AND you know what a pest BMC can be.

God bless you both.

Deja, I don't speak Lakota-speak very well.

LLC is the ill one.... JJJ is the person who does so much for him... Thanks so much BMC's... A miracle is what I am praying for..

Sorry, I misunderstood. But the prayers will go out just the same.

Thanks BMCs...

Deja, I speak Apache very well and der are a few translatable words.

I will burn a sage smuge while I pray fer him. My Lord knows just what he needs. When my Dad was diein' from da Big "C", folks prayed fer him world over.....but da Lord knew better and called him home.

"Asik a niy kincs, pap meo eoma an soi kio oa ni."

Dat prayer above can't be translated cuz der are no english words fer'em. But trust me Deja, da words/feelin's come from my heart and will go to da Lord's heart too.

Deja, I speak Apache very well and der are a few translatable words.

I will burn a sage smuge while I pray fer him. My Lord knows just what he needs. When my Dad was diein' from da Big "C", folks prayed fer him world over.....but da Lord knew better and called him home.

"Asik a niy kincs, pap meo eoma an soi kio oa ni."

Dat prayer above can't be translated cuz der are no english words fer'em. But trust me Deja, da words/feelin's come from my heart and will go to da Lord's heart too.

Thanks Apaches it does mean a lot coming from you. I am so praying hard today. I will be back about 7PM CA time to chat with ya all.. I had something come up today and I need to go "see a man about a dog" ... lol.. Yeah, old phrase, not sure what it means myself.. , lol. but I know it is used when you are doing something secret.

Prayers on the way Deja, the only ones I know are Christian/Catholic but they work.

sent ya a email

tc

And you have one right back... thanks..

Actually it's often used when you are going off to use the outhouse or water a bush.

Well, I didn't do either one of those...lol.. I went to check on the last gym in the area to see which one I should join. I liked the track pretty well, and the hours, and schedule.. and the weights and pool, so I join it and used the track a bit. I liked it a lot.. So, now I have the ability to stay in shape for the winter again!!! Pretty cool..

Thanks Ellies...

It appears we have two things going on in our little cowboy world.. prayers for both would be nice.. the prayers for LLC and Peppers of course cuz I love them both to pieces.. And for Jonny.. cuz he is having a few problems and has not been around enough for The Cowboys.. we do watch out for our own,.. and I hope all his problems are solved very soon.. I did try calling him, he was busy.. so I would say this is not a problem DV can help with.. but prayers can..

Tunkasilya, Wakan Tanka..

Lakota for Grandfather, Great Spirit..

Mitakuya Oyasin..

"For All My Relatives"

Here's to a full and speedy recovery, as well as the Great Spirit's comfort and guidance for your friends.

Tunkasilya, Wakan Tanka..

Lakota for Grandfather, Great Spirit..

Mitakuya Oyasin..

"For All My Relatives"

Here's to a full and speedy recovery, as well as the Great Spirit's comfort and guidance for your friends.

Thanks... Mtakuya Oyasin means we are all relatives.. I love that saying.. Hugs.. Deja. Hows the wife and the move going? Were are ya, in NM Still ?

Prayers up

Thanks Chili.. we need all the prayers we can get!

Prayers up for LLC and his family and friends. Thanks for letting us know, Deja.

Thanks... Mtakuya Oyasin means we are all relatives.. I love that saying.. Hugs.. Deja. Hows the wife and the move going? Were are ya, in NM Still ?

Yup Deja, I'm now a citizen of the land Of Enchantment..Truly beautiful country out here, the wife and I both like it..She flew out for Christmas and we got to spend the Holidays together..She's back in N.C. now..Likely won't get to see her again till spring.. :FlagAm:

But the job is a good one, New Mexico is AWESOME..If we can just tough it out for the next two years till she retires and can move out here also..Life will be fantastic! :FlagAm::unsure:

Yup Deja, I'm now a citizen of the land Of Enchantment..Truly beautiful country out here, the wife and I both like it..She flew out for Christmas and we got to spend the Holidays together..She's back in N.C. now..Likely won't get to see her again till spring.. :FlagAm:

But the job is a good one, New Mexico is AWESOME..If we can just tough it out for the next two years till she retires and can move out here also..Life will be fantastic! :FlagAm::unsure:

Well, I pray that she can move out sooner... maybe you win the lotto, or she finds a job or something happens.. And yeah, New Mexico is a pretty state. I loved Santa Fe and Tahoe... very cool.. kinda cold, but pretty..

The Creator is big enough to me each one of His children in whatever way works so that he or she will know that they are loved.

Prayers up!

I have no doubt I am loved by God, for every bad thing that happens to me I meet twice as many nice people, have three times as much fun, and I get to feel love in my heart for tons of people and life and God's creatures.. I feel blessed to just have life, let alone all the really cool stuff that fills my days and nights.. Thanks for the Prayers for LLC's and his family...

Archived