SASS Wire Forum

True Grit

Quick Draw Granpaw #48525

Went to see the new True Grit today and I was guite pleased..

Think John Wayne would give it a thumbs up too!

Happy trails

QDG

Saw the new remake of True Grit tonight. I grew up with John Wayne as an idol and in my mind there can be no greater True Grit than the one he starred in. With that said, I will say the new remake is on par with Unforgiven and one of the best of the modern-made westerns. It is absolutely worth seeing! While in my mind it is not the original, it is good enough to stand on its own.

My two sons watched it with me and loved it though they are neither big fans of westerns, and, since neither have ever seen the original with John Wayne, this one will be the one they remember and view as the best.

I recommend every cowboy/girl go see the new True Grit.

Just my 2 cents.

I got my youngens to watch THe SHootist, Classic, full of great true Cowboy wisdom but the kidds were boerd out of their minds. So When TRue Grit came out I was in hopes it would spark and interest in the Genre and CAS. Well it worked both of them want to get involved . MY Son,after the movie was....Dad can i do that Cowboy shooting thing your in? MAde my Heart swell. He turns 14 in July and he can use my rig until he can buy his own lol. But if were not for the Duke the original would not have been such a hit and they would not have wanted to do the new one and my son would never have got so jazzed to do this sport with me. Yes Sir, it was a good Christmas, and a GREAT MOVIE

Thanks for letting me share,

Much OBliged and Happy HOliday,

MAd MAx Henry,,

P.S. he tryng to think up an Alias He thought og Gety Morebucks I thought it was cool Any Input?

I got my youngens to watch THe SHootist, Classic, full of great true Cowboy wisdom but the kidds were boerd out of their minds. So When TRue Grit came out I was in hopes it would spark and interest in the Genre and CAS. Well it worked both of them want to get involved . MY Son,after the movie was....Dad can i do that Cowboy shooting thing your in? MAde my Heart swell. He turns 14 in July and he can use my rig until he can buy his own lol. But if were not for the Duke the original would not have been such a hit and they would not have wanted to do the new one and my son would never have got so jazzed to do this sport with me. Yes Sir, it was a good Christmas, and a GREAT MOVIE

Thanks for letting me share,

Much OBliged and Happy HOliday,

MAd MAx Henry,,

P.S. he tryng to think up an Alias He thought og Gety Morebucks I thought it was cool Any Input?

Sounds like a rapper to me. Not that I listen to that crap but you cant watch tv without being exposed to it.

Archived