SASS Wire Forum

What does repeat mean?

Creeker, SASS #43022

Pete and repeat was sitting on a fence Pete fell off who was left.........

Sorry could not help myself!!!! :blink:

Naw! Pete and repeat weren't on no fence

Pete and repeat was in a canoe and Pete fell out. :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should not have to ask, because if I am unsure then the odds that the TO is unsure are far too high. The same with the

chance he will make a ruling without MD input or some other TO at the match will.

Clear stage writing and good walkthroughs are very important. So is giving benefit of the doubt to the shooter. If the stage description is vague then the shooter has all the freedom the vagueness allows. Any other approach is far too arbitrary and open to caprisiousness. I would not have fun participating with either.

[/quote

Why shouldn't you not ask? You would rather beg for forgiveness that ask for permission? :D

How do you know the odds that the TO is unsure? :)

He (TO) needs the MD ruling on every call you are saying?

You don't think there are not different rulings over the same stuff at matches? One shooter gets away with something that someone else gets penalized for? You don't hear/see/witness examples of that on a fairly common basis? I seem to hear about it at several matches through out the year.

you could shoot the stage just like the first guy in front of you, that did it w/o a 'P' did it. OK, don't miss the same target as the guy in front of you did. This is presuming you are not the first shooter of the stage. If you are the first, well pard, good luck. :blink:

You, as a TO/PM could also read the stage to the posse and then elaborate or clarify what all the different types of shooting sequences would be acceptable for that stage (you know, help out the stage writer and pass on your wisdom from the walk through) ... and/or wouldn't be acceptable. Such as you could describe to the posse how all the different ways to 'engage' ten KD's with ten pistol/rifle rounds. :lol:

Just as a note of information if anyone is interested; there were two gunfighters at the match that day, Creeker and a lady GF. I wasn't running the timer when the lady GF shot so didn't realize she'd been given a P for repeating the instructions instead of the first sequence.

When it came Creeker's turn to shoot he did ask what I meant by repeat and that it could be interpreted two different ways. Upon realizing this I told him what I meant but, since I hadn't made myself clear he should go ahead and repeat the instructions. After that decision, it was pointed out that the lady GF had been given a P for that very same thing so we removed the P from her time.

Again, lesson learned for me, always go back and look at the stages from the shooter's point of view. That includes Duelists, Gunfighters and those limp wristed sissies. :FlagAm:

Gunfighters have to shoot the same shooting sequence per stage as anyone else. Ok, there were two Gunfighters, that is inmaterial what type of shooting style was being used. Did any other shooter in the whole match shoot it the way of the Lady Gunfighter that originally got the 'P'? If so, did their(other shooters) 'P' get removed? If no one else shot it the way the Lady Gunfighter did it, then I would say the shooters & TO's were on board with what you ment by 'repeat'.

Edit: Good for Creeker for asking and I have no problems that he shot it differently after given the OK.

Blastmaster

Gunfighters have to shoot the same shooting sequence per stage as anyone else. Ok, there were two Gunfighters, that is inmaterial what type of shooting style was being used. Did any other shooter in the whole match shoot it the way of the Lady Gunfighter that originally got the 'P'? If so, did their(other shooters) 'P' get removed? If no one else shot it the way the Lady Gunfighter did it, then I would say the shooters & TO's were on board with what you ment by 'repeat'.

Edit: Good for Creeker for asking and I have no problems that he shot it differently after given the OK.

Blastmaster

True, if the shooting sequence is specifically spelled out. But in this case, it turns out there were other ways to legally shoot the string than I had originally imagined. Since the lady gunfighter shot it using one of the other legal sequences, I felt it was only fair to remove her P.

All I can say is, WOW! I was the stage writer and I had absolutely NO idea that "repeat" was interpreted two different ways. I'd been taught that it meant to repeat the shooting sequence but, I can see how it could be taken as repeat the instructions.

This thread has taught me the valuable lesson of how to look at stages from the shooter's view point. Thanks Creeker. :wub:

(You wanna ask 'em about 1-2-4-2-1? :rolleyes: )

Hey Slim Filly,

Just put at the end of each page of instructions(all stages) that gunfighters can shoot it anyway they want to and take em outa the overall match scores .....problem solved.

Sure don't envy you dude...........

Archived