SASS Wire Forum

Wisdom

Deja Vous

The old Lakota chief sat in his reservation hut, smoking the ceremonial pipe, eyeing the two US government officials sent to interview him.

"Chief Two Eagles," one official began, "you have observed the white man for many generations, you have seen his wars and his products, you have seen all his progress, and all his problems."

The chief nodded. The official continued, "Considering recent events, in your opinion, where has the white man gone wrong?"

The chief stared at the government officials for over a minute, and then calmly replied.

"When white man found the land, Indians were running it.

No taxes.

No debt.

Plenty buffalo

Plenty beaver

Women did the work

Medicine man free

Indian men hunted and fished all the time..."

The chief smiled, and added quietly, "White man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Think dat pruty well hit da nail on da head !!!!! :unsure::blink::FlagAm:

Just got a PM from an old Friend in MO.. asking me if I am offering.. lol.. Funny guy, but a bit backwards about posting it on the board.. lol See ya'll are afraid of me.. lol.. So here is the disclaimer..

While I maybe a breed, darn it no I am not offering to put bait on your hook, or clean your guns.. lol... You guys are all too much fun..

Uhh..........

What da heck was we's talkin' bout anyhow ??? :unsure:

I was tryin to figger that out myself, maybe his peacepipe have um sumthin other than tabaccy in it?? :blink::FlagAm:

Dang it Deja.... My lil blonde ranch foreman took note of that. She said women have been doing all the work and now it our turn! I bring her the coffee in the morning, fix her lunch to take to work, cook supper, fight off varmints all day, I ask you what more can I do for the woman??? Oh yeah I tell her she looks better than any qtr horse I ever did see!! And I remember an old indian saying....." Ifn y'all don't tend the camp fire it will go out!" And I keep tending the campfire!

Tascosa :lol::blush:

I was tryin to figger that out myself, maybe his peacepipe have um sumthin other than tabaccy in it?? :blush::P

Me wonderin same thingy. :P

Man I'm statrin to git hungery now !! :lol:

Dang it Deja.... My lil blonde ranch foreman took note of that. She said women have been doing all the work and now it our turn! I bring her the coffee in the morning, fix her lunch to take to work, cook supper, fight off varmints all day, I ask you what more can I do for the woman??? Oh yeah I tell her she looks better than any qtr horse I ever did see!! And I remember an old indian saying....." Ifn y'all don't tend the camp fire it will go out!" And I keep tending the campfire!

Tascosa :blush::P

Old Indian (not me ) sayin;

"White man gits cold and hears wolfs in darkness.

White man chops wood to built big fire....

White man sleeps little, fire dies out.

White man chops more wood....builds bigger fire

White man gits hungery and is tired come mornin'

Indian builts little fire, sleeps all night...

Stays warm...

Come mornin', uses wolf tracks to find rabbits fer food. :lol:

Tascosa :blush::P

You are a good man Tascosas.. glad you got yourself a great wife!!! Yeah, the camp fire does need tending on both sides my friend.. it is a two way street.

Archived