SASS Wire Forum

Get ready New England

Iron Pony

Looks like we are going to catch up with some of you all for snow starting later this evening and into tomorrow.

So to all my fellow New Englanders, get the snow blower out, stock up on books, movies, snacks and gas for the car. We may need to hunker down for the proverbial long winters nap.

Be careful out there, last week we had a little snow and everyone went nuts on the road.

That thing blew by us but only dumped the white stuff up above 9,000 feet so we dodged the bullet. Looks like it's got a pretty good head o' steam up now. Hunker down pards it's going to be a bumpy night.

<sigh>

I knew spending Christmas in AZ was a good idea. Too bad I had to come back to New England after Thanksgiving. As long as the power doesn't go out.........

We miss you Lou. When ya gonna return.? Fire & Ice & WR ?

UB first off welcome back, I made a run to the vittles store this morning so I wouldnt run out of snacks and such, have gas and 2 cycle oil for the snowblower so I should be all set. It was snowing when I went at about 0900 but thats stopped so we will keep fingers crossed.

CC I've cleaned and loaded just about everything I had in the shop, about the only brass left to load is 44-40. It doesnt help I am out, well damn near, of BP and once again the bullet caster doenst have any bullets to load.

AJ you are right in that we are overdue. Reminds me of the late '90s when I took a photo out the front door of my apartment with zero snow then one exactly one year later with a path cut through the drifts that were about 4 feet high. Hey I'm going to PM you for some info/advice.

Welcome home Miss Lou, hope you and Doc had fun out west, now get the snow tires on the SUV and remember how to drive. Got an email from DeadHead that he was down in VA visiting family and they cancelled his flight 24 hrs before hand. He got back on a wicked early flight today instead of coming back tonight.

I quote my father here to brighten everyone's spirits "Weatherman are congenital liars" so who knows it could be 68 degrees with unlimited visibilty and ceiling Monday morning.

Looks like we are going to catch up with some of you all for snow starting later this evening and into tomorrow.

So to all my fellow New Englanders, get the snow blower out, stock up on books, movies, snacks and gas for the car. We may need to hunker down for the proverbial long winters nap.

Be careful out there, last week we had a little snow and everyone went nuts on the road.

Well it (snow) has started here in The Berkshires!!!

Got my plow on and ready to go.

Shovels are in the garage too.

Now just set back and surf the Cowboy forums!!!

Suposed to get 8-14" up here.

Ground covered right now.

Keep warm pards!!

KK

Ken its started snowing here in the Monadnock region as well, hopefully with the temps at 20 degrees it will be a dry snow and not the back breaking wet stuff. I hate having to do the end of my drive repeatedly to clear out what the plows leave behind. Even with the snowblower trying to get that cement out of the way is a royal pita.

Jersey Shore Reporting:

* White Out Blizzard Now

* 25 degrees

* Winds 20 to 35, gusting to 45

* Forecast is for 16+ inches

Hunkered down, snow blower ready for Monday ... watched 'Salt'

Gun room cleaned last week, CAS & BPCR reloads already done

Good day to spend with the family, especially daughter #1 who flew in from CA

All Is Good!

Lefty, yes we'll be back for Fire & Ice and Winter Range if I don't freeze to death first.

The wind is HOWLING now and even with 2 pair of socks and Moose Mocs, my feet are cold. The heat is running constantly and it's still cold. I'm cold. <little whimper> It's snowing sideways. Even my really thick Polartec bathrobe from Kittery Trading Post ain't keeping me warm. The longer I'm in New England, the more I love Arizona.

Updated forcast (if the NWS computer isn't running on windows mebbe it won't lie?), calls for a narrower band of heavy stuff, and right here, at the southernmost point of the Great Sacandaga Lake we are told to expect 2-4". I won't even have to snowblow the scraper bank to push through that, so it's a snore here, but to the east and south they are getting or gonna get hammered.

Good morning Mr and Mrs America and all the ships at sea....

Wind really picked up at about 0400 and my furry friends all decided it was would be good for me to know so they jetted around the house till I got up.

Checked out the old bay window and it was still snowing like mad and blowing like crazy. Went out onto the porch and found a first, a small drift had come in under the storm door it was blowing so hard.

0800 and it doesnt look to be letting up at all, probably about 8-10 inches in the driveway feels like there should be more. Think I'll take a chance and wait till it slows down or the winds drop before I get after it. Cold and dry enough it ought to make quite the rooster tail coming out of the snow blower. Now its time for a cup of tea and fox news.

To all my cowboy pards, be careful on the roads if you have to go out. This is turning out to be a good old New England storm but nothing to panic about, just what we live with on a seasonal basis.

Letting up on the snowfall rate but wind is awful. Wonnerful Hubby went out to do our driveway plus vacationing neighbors and came back in looking like a snowman from the sideways snow action in the wind. Got about 15 inches here.

I did not even offer to assist in snow removal.

Hello the fire,

Having said that, I just came back up from the basement after filling up the wood furnace. Nice and toasty! Later today when the bulk of the snow has dropped I will get the chance to try out my new tractor. I will bundle up in my snow machine suit to brave the wind and go out and push the stuff way back in case the rest of the winter is like this weekend. Before I do that though, I will spend some quality time at the reloading bench.

Pony, do you cast any large bullets? I picked up a .45-120 at the last gun show, I have ordered brass but will need big bullets.

I had better check how much BP I have.

Chelsea

It started about 4 pm yesterday where I am in southeast NH. I went over to visit Capt Morgan Rum/Miss Delaney Belle for dinner and it was really flying sideways then. Made it to work this morning without problems (all two miles of it) and it is still snowing. I'll get out the snowblower when I get home to clear off my parking area.

I got a call Saturday evening about 6:15pm from Southwest Airlines that my 6:10 pm flight on Sunday evening was already cancelled. It worked out well as I then re-booked and got up at 3:30 am to fly out of BWI at 6:45 am Sunday. There had to be 200 in line at Southwest Airlines to check their bags at 5:15 am when I got off the rental car bus. I just went through security with my suitcase as a carry on. One of the female newscasters for the local TV station was still there Sunday evening when I was watching the news and they interviewed her by phone. She said they quit flying to Manchester out of BWI by 10 am so the planes wouldn't get stuck there.

Where I'm at in Virginia, we only got about 7" of the light weight white stuff. New kitten wouldn't come in house yet. Got to work this morning about 9:30AM.

Our other dealership in Norfolk did not open today. They got about 13-15" of snow. Missouri Marshall said that he got a heavy snow fall in Virginia Beach.

Shenny

Looks like the snow has stopped but the wind keeps blowing. Took about an hour to clear my little patch of driveway and once the wind stops I'll go out and clear the end of the driveway of stuff thrown onto it by the plow trucks. Figure there was about 12 inches in the driveway and close to two feet at the intersection with the street.

Chlesea if this is the first storm of whats supposed to be a long winter pushing it as far back as possible is a good idea, I'm doing the same with the blower. Ref bullets, a 45-120? Are you joining the club with Rusty and Wiley or what? We dont do any commercially right now but I am going to be casting 20/1 for myself once I move a pot over from Sixgun's. I have 3 moulds, the std 405gr flat point, a 500gr semi spire point and a 520 round nose. The semi spire works best for my rifle but the 120 may like the realy big bullet. Shoot me an email.

Howdy Pards

It started snowing here around 4:00 PM yesterday. Right after I got home from shooting a couple of rounds of Trap.

It stopped around 1:00 PM today. About 12" on the ground.

Archived