SASS Wire Forum

Whadya git fer Christmas

Rye Miles #13621

Prairie Dawg has a post on this over on the wire, though I'd start one over here in the saloon.

Santa got me a Cimmaron open top in .38 to match my other one. I may be shootin .38's( in BP of course) this year. Love the feel of these guns.

Also got some gift cards and clothes from friends and family and a free shoot at OVV in 2011.

So....what about ya'll?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Rye :ph34r:

Prairie Dawg has a post on this over on the wire, though I'd start one over here in the saloon.

Santa got me a Cimmaron open top in .38 to match my other one. I may be shootin .38's( in BP of course) this year. Love the feel of these guns.

Also got some gift cards and clothes from friends and family and a free shoot at OVV in 2011.

So....what about ya'll?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Rye :P

MERRY CHRISTMAS RYE !!!!!

I've truely been given da best da Lord can give on dis earth and dat's my lovin' wife, Nosie Rosie :D

Can't do no better den dat !!!!

No guns from Santa, but didn't expect any.

He did bring me the following

DVDs

The Quick and the Dead - Sam Elliot

Monte Walsh - Lee Marvin

Sam Elliot double feature - Gone to Texas and Blue River

Appaloosa (already have this one, may return it or trade for something else)

Wild West Outlaws collection - 10 Classic Westerns

Books

20th Century Small Arms guide

The Double-Jack Murders - Patrick McManus

And a check that will help towards the repairs my commuter car needs.

Grizz

A lull in the storm, five hours white knuckeling it through the ice and snow, and a day with my wife, son, daughter-in-law and three Grandsons. Everything else is just stuff.

Bugs Bonney

Home with the family just in time and good wishes from my friends made this possibly the very best Christmas ever.

I got to see the best smiles and joy as we all spent the Christmas day together...

oh...I did get some 'made in America' AO original pilot aviator glasses :D

GG ~ :P

So....what about ya'll?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Rye ;)

Hey Ryes ... Santa was good to you.. I got money and gift cards mostly. It is easier for dad to write and check than to shop.

No guns from Santa, but didn't expect any.

He did bring me the following

Books

20th Century Small Arms guide

The Double-Jack Murders - Patrick McManusAnd a check that will help towards the repairs my commuter car needs.

Grizz

Griz, yer gonna like that one! I got Pat M's latest Bo Tully book,"The Huckleberry Murders!"

Ol' Pat can spin a yarn...! ;)

Home with the family just in time and good wishes from my friends made this possibly the very best Christmas ever.

Amen! Glad to have you back.

BSD

Got several things I asked for out of the Bass Pro Shops catalog, plus a new laptop! Unfortunately the SASS site is still running like pine sap in winter ;) The best present was our new 5 month old Grandaughter (who Santa brought a pink handled .45 and a Daisy Red Ryder!).

Merry Christmas from BSD & SSG

Got a gift card to our local gunshop from my wife and the kids got me a Winchester cleaning kit. Got a few gift cards from others. Great day with my family was the best tho.

Got me a set of 1953 Snakeskin boots at an antique store, still in the box. And a good used Jeep for free, the boots cost me one fifty, consider it Santa and the Lord.

Got to spend Christmas Eve with my Sister, brothers , neices, nephews, great neices and great nephews at my house. Thirty of them, mighta been the wrong year to move and downsize tho! My daughters and grandkids didn't make it because of the storm :unsure: bummer!

Christmas day I had the pleasure of spending with Miss Barbara, ain't much more a feller could ask for.

On tuesday a compact RIA 1911 will be my Christmas gift to myself. I've bought a 1911 the last two years for Christmas. I think I've started a new tradition!

Got me electricity back on in the house. Ever since the California rain storms I have been with out. Computer is not in the house. Was able to run drop cord from the computer shack to run the fridg and tv over the last few days. Also the heat in my place does not depend on electric. Another good thing. A little inconvenient at times when you expect the light to come on and it doesn't. Not once did I stub my toes or bang my knees.

All in all not a problem.

Hey Ryes ... Santa was good to you.. I got money and gift cards mostly. It is easier for dad to write and check than to shop.

Hey Deja, cash is always great and so are gift cards, I bought several of them for my neices and nephews and they love 'em too. Hop ya had a great Christmas. Rye

To everyone else sounds like ya'll had a really nice Christmas, I agree spending time with family is the best gift of all. :unsure:

Santa was purty good to me too, an Australian oil skin duster long coat, (Its COLD here in Utah in the winter) new boots, along with a couple of old west suspender pants, and the opportunity to host a lonely Airman who was away from home for the holidays. We hope he had a good time instead of spending the day alone in his own apartment. Its amazing what these young men and women do in service ot our nation.

Wife got me the new "Colonel Roosevelt" by Edmond Morris which completes his trilogy of books on TR. :P Son got me a 200.00 gift card for Cabelas so I can get a new set of camo rain gear for my elk hunt next year. Wife also got me a new tool kit for our RV. Had a great Christmas :lol::blush::wub:

I was either very good this year or someone thought I was a politician on the take because I got a LOT of loot.

Table saw

Scroll saw

Frame for the table saw to sit on

A repro gramophone that is an AM / FM radio and cassette player

A triangle frame for the flag I got from a friend in baghdad last year

Five books

Nine DVDs

A 1952 Marx electric train that still works, almost like the one I had as a kid (I'll be off to by plywood, paint, wood screw, a transformer, and some more track later.)

A handful of toys like a wooden train, a plastic gun, a Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter, etc

All this and NOT ONE SINGLE ITEM OF CLOTHING!!!! HOORAY!!!

I was either very good this year or someone thought I was a politician on the take because I got a LOT of loot.

Table saw

Scroll saw

Five books

Nine DVDs

A 1952 Marx electric train that still works, almost like the one I had as a kid (I'll be off to by plywood, paint, wood screw, a transformer, and some more track later.)

A handful of toys like a wooden train, a plastic gun, a Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter, etc

Wow looks like ya hit the Comstock motherlode! :blush:

I got to make C'mas dinner for my daughter and me. She was very generous giving me a few gift cards and a lovely hooded sweater. I gave her large black leather handbag which she needed. Then we visited my folks for a couple of hours and exchanged gifts there.

Welcome home UB!!

4T - You will soon find that you use the table saw more than you ever expected, I sure have. I have a nice DeWalt scrollsaw, but since I got a bandsaw don't use it much. I'm not much into the artsy craftsy little things or scrimshaw. But that's just me.

Hey Deja, cash is always great and so are gift cards, I bought several of them for my neices and nephews and they love 'em too. Hop ya had a great Christmas. Rye

To everyone else sounds like ya'll had a really nice Christmas, I agree spending time with family is the best gift of all. :blush:

I had a nice Chirstmas.. and 2011 is going to even be a better year cuz what I am wishing for will happen.,. just pray it will.. lol.. Course it has to do with health and a friend.. eveyone knows that..

I got to make C'mas dinner for my daughter and me. She was very generous giving me a few gift cards and a lovely hooded sweater. I gave her large black leather handbag which she needed. Then we visited my folks for a couple of hours and exchanged gifts there.

Welcome home UB!!

Cupcakes.. I hope you had a great Christmas...

Table saw

Scroll saw

Five books

Nine DVDs

Fortys.. we are changing Santas next year.. loll

Archived