SASS Wire Forum

So.................................Whaddya Git?

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

Wonderful Christmas.

Best ever. We got stuff we needed and stuff we wanted.We got our oldest son's eyes fixed, very successful operation.

Cowboy stuff for me, I got two books. Lash La Rue King of the Bullwhip and Famous Firearms of the Old West. The inscriptions from the authors were much appreciated.

I met Lash La Rue before SASS days and was a big fan so that book is a real treat. Famous Firearms of the Old West was very enjoyable, I just wish it was a longer book.

We're very fortunate to live in an area where crime is low and the people are pleasant to each other on a regular basis even though jobs are scarce and money tight.

Joe

Boy Vance i want to see a picture of the coat you make out of that buffalo hide -im Jealous.

you will have to change your alias to Jeremiah Montana :D

Diablo slim,

You got it I will post it on the wire when it is here!!

Vance Jeremiah Montana :P

Lady Cheyenne gave me a Red Ryder 70th Anniversary Edition Carbine BB Gun it's so cool!!! Bought myself a 1866 Yellow Boy, now i just need to send it to Cody Conagher.

Been a Good Year, have made a lot of new Friends, and meet some Great Pards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Merry Christmas to All and A Happy New Year

R.R.R.

I asked Santa for a Handi-Rifle, because they're so, uh, handy for not-too-long-range offhand shooting, like a Quigley side match, and the ejectors work really great. Well, Santa came through.

Like a good gun owner, I read the owner's manual, and right there on the cover, in a box so's you couldn't miss it, were the words, "Notice: This firearm has a new extraction system which replaces the previous ejection system. Instead of ejecting the cartridge from the chamber, the extractor lifts the cartridge (fired or unfired) from the chamber far enough for you to manually remove it."

I figured some yokel shot his eye out with a hull and the lawyers made them remove the ejector. Somebody else said he heard they made the change to accomodate stout cartridges like the 500 S&W. Either way, my gamer dreams are up in smoke. ;)

Hello the camp! I'm same as a couple other pards; this was not a red-letter year, but prospects are mighty fine. My sweety-darlin'-love-of-my-life suffered complete kidney failure from med contraindications, but recovered fully, only to be faced with two back surgeries. Tried an experimental procedure with implant, which didn't work, and finished with traditional laminectomy. Going swimmingly, now, but it dimmed the otherwise glow of the Season. But, shameless copier that I am, here is a note I sent to Prairie Dawg. Best of the Season to you and yours from us and ours. mm

Merry Christmas and Chappy Channukah! That P Dawg, wadda kidder!!! Wrapped his lil’ kid’s prezzy in a Greener shotgun box, but it weren’t no shotgun! Nosir, it were a pair of SpongeBob boxers! No, wait, there’s more…the package sez boxer shorts or curtains!!! [spongeBob curtains?] No, wait, there’s more…they fit!!! No, wa___, uh, hmm? Oh, TMI; my bad.

Just kiddin’. Looks like the custom-made fixin’s for waffles or flapjacks, including maple syrup. Also, for your breakfast listening and viewing pleasure, a cd of Marty Robbins and a John Wayne dvd. Wadda guy!!! He did have to tell me, however, to step away from the machines while holding the syrup. How’d he think’a that?

Thankee kindly, PD. A great gift and will be much appreciated, soon’s I get to town for some sausage to go with…..and Wet Ones to git the syrup offa the dvd case----should’a made that warning a little bit more obvious.

Now, I’ll have’ta see about meetin’ this here Santa Prairie Dawg an’ mebbe swap my bear sign recipe for his mix recipe.

Did I tell you I went to Y Indian Guides camp with Marty’s brother-in-law? Lived across the street from Duane Eddy’s folks when I was in high school; his brother, Glenn, was a PITA, but the MG Duane got him looked purty sharp. Yep…. another Malpais dull pointless story.

See ya round the campfire. mm

First off I hope everyone is well and had a Merry Christmas. Mrs. Claus, (my lovely wife), got me a couple of books, The Wild, Wild West of Louis L'Amour and Guns of the Old West. A two year sub. to the mag Guns of the Old West. Some Cowboy DVDs and some gift cards, every thing's good. :ph34r:

Sm :blink: kin' Sixes ;)

Got a stainless vaquero from my wife - complete surprise...

And a couple days before christmas I fell into a great deal on a nickle stoeger SxS for myself.

1 rifle away from playing in the reindeer games, so to say...

Merry Christmas

Bridog

NO CAS stuff unless you want to count the Rossi 92 I have on order from Nate Kiowa Jones ;) I also collect WWII stuff and my son-in-law bought me a WWII US Navy Helment, a WWII canteen, cup and canteen cover plus a 75mm M5A1 shell casing dated 1941.

Guest diablo slim shootist

Wait...just in ...my wonderful daughter in the Northwest set me

"The essential film art collection-Clint Eastwood Icon.

this is a cool book-mostly movie poster pics of all his movies ;)

some of these i want to tear out and frame!

;) Well pards, I must have been a whole lot better than I thought I was this year. Santa brought me a pair of stainless Ruger Vaqueros in .38/357 with CGW full race action job AND fully engraved by Jimmy Spurs to boot! They are AWESOME!!! Nicest brace of Rugers that I've ever seen! Here are some pics!

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/...nt=a518c0dd.jpg

Merry Christmas one and all!

My wife came through with a pair of half skirt holsters for my open tops from

Trailrider -who got 'em here before Christmas even though he didn't think he could

My 89 yr old Ma who is on a limited budget asked what I wanted -I responded with "a gun" - I am now the proud owner of a bright orange snub nosed capgun. Everyone got a good laugh!

A new Scully vest

Fringed buckskin jacket

Lace on boot chaps from Cowtown Katy and Klondike

Two books on Old West History

Documentary on the Civil War

My gift brought a tear to the eye of this mangy cowboy. My dear ol dad taught me to shoot on a Daisy Red Rider many a years ago. Christmas morning, I opened up a 70th anniversary Red Rider! What an awesome gift!

It was a very Merry Christmas. Santa brought me a fully tooled in floral El Paso Saddlrey rig for my 7 1/2" Colt. A new copy of Colt and it's Collectors book from the Colt exhibit in Cody, Wyoming a few years ago. Steel Canvas thanks to Yakima Stubbs. A couple of Miranda Lambert CD's. My Young Guns got a new 7mm-08 and a Leopold scope. Plus he can use my other holster rig pretty soon as he is getting bigger every day.

I got to watch my grandkid's eyes light up while opening their presents. This to me is more important than anything. I am not in need or want of anything material...

Biggest Heart gave me a Gift Certificate a coupe of weeks ago 'cause she had no idea what to get me. I had to think about it and decided to get a Flip Camcorder to film my shootin'. Now maybe I can see what I'm doing wrong and fix it!!! :unsure:

Have some $$ left and think I'll get a wireless mouse, I HATE the finger pad thing on this laptop!!!

Guest diablo slim shootist
:unsure: Well pards, I must have been a whole lot better than I thought I was this year. Santa brought me a pair of stainless Ruger Vaqueros in .38/357 with CGW full race action job AND fully engraved by Jimmy Spurs to boot! They are AWESOME!!! Nicest brace of Rugers that I've ever seen!

Merry Christmas one and all!

We all would like a look! how about pictures Bob :blink:

We all would like a look! how about pictures Bob :lol:

Here is a picture of the guns! I have to give my lovely wife credit. I had NO idea she was getting me these. Best surprise I can remember for Christmas!

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/...ser_media_share

Santa, Sarah B. and the kids, grandkids and the rest of the family gave me................

.38 SW dies

.38LC dies

AMERICAN RIFLE book

COLONEL ROOSEVELT book

MARK TWAIN AUTOBIOGRAPHY 1st Vol (700+pgs)

9.5qt dutch oven with built in chimney inside

TRUE GRIT the book

and 5lbs of added weight :lol:

and best of all, time with the FAMILY

TF

A wonderful Christmas with friends & family. I had the chance to fly to the Dallas area to share the holiday (week early) with my wifes' family at the newly remodled home, then joined my brother and his son (on leave from Irag) at the Las Vegas Bowl (Our team the U. of Utah got trounced by Boise State).

Cowboy stuff: A fantastic gun cart built by my brother.

Book, Shooting Buffalo Guns of the old West, by Mike Ventarino and

a cool ol time pocket watch.

Ned

It twernt a banner year in the Barney household so Christmas was a whole lot more about spending time with the family than with the opening of a whole bunch of expensive gifts. But I did get a real nice John Wayne calendar. I guess that counts as CAS related!

I am real fortunate. My Father had an old Ruger Single Six .22 that he had ...i think since they were first introduced but i wanted that gun so bad when i was a kid. Anyway he gave it to me and asked to give it to my son one day. It was special. and my Girl got me a Stoeger with all the CA work done to it so i can have it for The Last Stand. My Kids got me Deadwood all 3 seasons. and a case of 12g Life is good.

I got a union suit, and a western dress belt. I got Hot Iron Pete an old set of spurs. He'd been wanting a pair for about 3 years. I gave Ranger Travis Ben Shot an old guitar that I cleaned up & restrung for him. All three of the kids got me a video hunting game, and as fast as Princess Ranger can cycle the action and get shots off, I told her I'd have to take her cowboy shooting, & she got excited about that. Definitely not mamma's girl. Just have to get them to slow down and hit the targets.

Roping Cuffs, 6 20cnt ammom strips, and 2 butt covers. Sam Elliott 2 movie dvd, DeadWood box set, a beautiful wooden indian feather with scroll work and a picture a 2 men on horses in a pasture that is wonderful.

Marlin Cowboy BB rifle

Fillmore

Better get that thing sighted in and figure out the best load for your gun soon, we have quite the BB match Sat eves at Chorro, you know.

:rolleyes::blush:

Archived