SASS Wire Forum

White Christmas in Alabama!

Guest sawyer#34250

Guest sawyer#34250

Merry Christmas to all my SASS Friends!! We woke up to a heavy snow in progress. As I type this it appears to be between 2 - 3 inches and still falling pretty heavy. Of course, here two flakes is a storm and more than two is an Artic Blizzard! Load up your sleds and skis and head to Alabama!! Maybe my brother Pulp who is visiting can post some pics, I am too dumb for that. Merry Christmas to all!!

Snow down south means a harder winter up north cuz that warm gulf air is chilled on it's way up here so it takes longer to warm up hereabouts come spring. Global warming, BAH HUMBUG!

Enjoy the snow and have a Merry Christmas anyway.

DD-DLoS

I got a laugh and had to chuckle when I read your post about your reference to the snow you're getting. As a youth I had the opportunity of living in Yosemite National Park here in California. The valley floor is at an elevation of just over four thousand feet give or take and the first snow (or should I say slush) happens around November, but it usually doesn't stick for very long. Takes about two or three of these before the ground stays cold enough for the fallen snow to stay "snow" and not melt as soon as it has fallen. But you would have never known that looking at us hicks from the California Valley when we had first moved up there, my Dad had his snow blowers all primed and ready (my brother and I and two new shovels) and my brother and I were actively outdoors pitching snowballs and sledding to our hearts content. The residents that had had some time in thought we were nuts, but after we spent the next two weeks by the fire and certainly by the same time the following year we had started to catch on to how things worked, seasonally speaking. But I do remember my family's comments regarding those first few storms and they were close to your examples and that is what made me laugh. Thanks again for your posting. Smithy.

The coldest we got this past six weeks was -38F and during the night a Chinook came through and for Christmas Day we will be +38F, exactly 76 degrees difference. With the Sun out the snow will start melting. We are going cross country skiing today. Have a Merry Christmas folks.

Merry Christmas, Sawyer. Glad to know you are having a white Christmas! Lisa and I have a little place on top of a mountain outside Blue Ridge GA that is getting snow. I got plenty growing up in Colorado, but a little of the white stuff is always fun this time of year, especially if it comes down dry and flaky. See you at the Amush in 2011. Maybe we will teach together again.

Cassalong Hopidy

We didn't get as much over in the western side of the state but it looks pretty none the less. Merry Xmas to ya'll and hope ya was nicer than me so Santa could visit. LOL!

Lots of snow in our neck of the woods! Dahlin' is sliding down the hill on a make-shift sled! Adrian is building a snowman. HUGE flakes fell steady for quite a while but are beginning to fade...... White Christmas in Double Springs, Alabama! Merry, Merry Christmas to all!!!!! We will be heading to Northwest Arkansas in the a.m. Will we be seeing more of the white stuff?

Buck & Sugah

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

Merry Christmas to all ya'll!

It's been snowing here pretty steady since this morning should be going good at your house Bob.

I get to see Sawyer and Buck from time to time and of course Bob is my regular shooting buddy.

Missed you and yours Russ. Hope we can catch up in 2011. Who thought we'd live to see 2011?

Joe

Got 'bout two inches up here 'round Music City 'n' me and Schoolmarm have knocked around a little in it today. The grandson is gettin' his first white Christmas and that's FUN.

Hey Buck!! If everything goes right we'll see you next Sunday at Cavern Cove. You too Sawyer. If Pulp's still around bring him over!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, Got about 3" of the white stuff here in hazelgreen. Blackwater will see yall at War Trace next week end, bringing about 4 to 6 pards to shoot with yall. Long range weather outlook looks to be pretty good. I will bring Charlies package with me. Be safe and HAPPY HOLIDAYS LSC

Came thru this morning from Mississippi on I-20 going back to Kernersville, NC. It was snowing heavy when I came thru, then we ran out of it until we got almost home, we got about 3" on the ground here. Pretty country down there, ya'll have a Merry White Christmas!!!!!

Lou:

The New England forecast is worsening. NWS now says 15-20" of snow, starting tomorrow, going well into Monday, with 35 mph winds gusting to 50 mph. Serious storm, especially this early in the winter.

Looks like CT and MA will get pretty much the same hit.

Fuel up the snowblowers, folks.

LL

Merry Christmas to all.

We still have snow on the ground, rounds are iced up good tonight. I spoke with Spunky Hollow Slim and he said this was the first white Christmas he has seen in Alabama. I have been here 27 years and don't recall one.

Archived