SASS Wire Forum

Colt Birdshead NIB 45 Colt F/S

Charlie Bison

I am selling my extremely rare Colt Custom Shop Birdshead SAA. It has a 4 3/4 bb, one piece walnut grips, 45 Colt and the custom shop "C" stamping. Each birdshead model has to be hand crafted from a regular grip frame.The pistol is current 2010 production and comes with custom shop paperwork. New in box and never fired. The gentlmen who "won" it on gunbroker decided a week later he did not have the money for it.

Price is $1660 shipped for SASS members

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....?Item=209831031

Second question...Only one, not even a pair...

Texas Lizard

It has been a few years since I held a Ruger BH, but I would say they are about the same from what I can remember. The Colt fills the hand extremely well and balances great. No all I have is one. That was all I could afford. :ph34r:

I really dont like birdheads but that it a pretty gun.

Well The colt birdshead is very unusual in that each one has to be hand crafted from a regular grip frame. I called Colt trying to buy a birsdhead backstrap. I was told they never made stock BH grip frame and the sent me to the custom shop where the fellow told me how unique they are. Because the cost to do this is soo high almost no one has it done.

The are about the same size as a Uberti birdshead but the shape is more cresent like. I have one on my 5 1/2 with real ivory grips. If you want a gun with style points this is it.

Put this in your shoulder holster.

This is bump for a unique piece!

WW

Charlie, really neat. Saw one a couple of weeks ago, but the guy only had one and you always need two for SASS. Wish I would have seen this one, I could have made up a pair. But I bought another pair of Colts a few days ago. If you want the address for the shop that has another birdshead, send me a note and I'll email the particulars.

BTT for a great pard.

the gun broker picture is not near a nice as the one you had.

Nice gun but high bump

Beautiful gun to go with them ivory grips fer sale. ;) BTT

Roy

Archived