SASS Wire Forum

Stocks for Ithaca-SKB

Goody, SASS #26190

Does anyone have any experience with these folks? I like the looks and pricing. Just wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of their products.

http://macongunstocks.net/

Dang! Most of the SKB's still in existance owned by cowfolk and no one has heard of these folk? I may order one just to see. At $70 wouldn't be risking too much. Maybe go ahead and get one for the Mountie I picked several weeks ago.

I have used their SKB stocks several times. They are very good and have very fair prices. I shoot BP and my first SKB had a sliver forend (a Royal Light). As many of you know, BP is hotter than hell and I blistered my thumb on several occasions. I also have an SKB 200 that had a split forend that had been repaired when I bought it.

I bought their replacement unfinished forends for model 200s and finished the inleting and the rest of the wood. They are really nice. Had to do a little parts replacing on the splinter gun, got the longer removal rod and hardware from SKB and it works great. I also bought a spare butt stock as one of the butt stocks I have has a small crack and sometime down the road it might need to be replaced too. The old Boy Scout motto..."Be Prepared". :ph34r:

The unfinished forends were about 60.00 and the butt stock was around 100.00.

If you have ever done any stock work, Macon's stuff is very good and only a minimum of work is required to fit their pieces.

Dang! Most of the SKB's still in existance owned by cowfolk and no one has heard of these folk? I may order one just to see. At $70 wouldn't be risking too much. Maybe go ahead and get one for the Mountie I picked several weeks ago.

Well the cheapest skb 200 stock I ever bought used was $225....after searching the net for about 6 months. That was installed with almost no fitting. I also bought one from the guy in canada unfinished(meaning rough) with alot of inletting to be done for $125 or $150 CRS.

I tried to figure out if the Macon stocks were finished with minor inletting/fitting needed. The photos show what looks like a finished product. If they are finished, with only minor inletting needed they are a treasure find for skb shooters, especially at the prices they show. I am going to call them Monday to find out for sure. Thanks for posting the info.

PC

Well the cheapest skb 200 stock I ever bought used was $225....after searching the net for about 6 months. That was installed with almost no fitting. I also bought one from the guy in canada unfinished(meaning rough) with alot of inletting to be done for $125 or $150 CRS.

I tried to figure out if the Macon stocks were finished with minor inletting/fitting needed. The photos show what looks like a finished product. If they are finished, with only minor inletting needed they are a treasure find for skb shooters, especially at the prices they show. I am going to call them Monday to find out for sure. Thanks for posting the info.

PC

Let us know what you find out, with SKBs getting more work than ever in history, many folks may eventually need a new stock.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]YES I HAVE WORK WITH THIS COMPANY AND THE TWO PRIOR COMPANYS . NO PROBLEMS ON EITHER UNFINISHED ARE FINISHED WOOD .[/font]

Goody go down 6 from top of this page: http://macongunstocks.net/ithaca_shotgun_s...stocks_73.html#

$105.00

Merry Christmas

Ringo

Goody go down 6 from top of this page: http://macongunstocks.net/ithaca_shotgun_s...stocks_73.html#

$105.00

Merry Christmas

Ringo

Thanks Ringo. I had seen that, just was inquiring about quality.

Merry Christmas in Far East Texas. I know how hard iut is to get any news on the other side of the Pine Curtain. :P

Thanks Ringo. I had seen that, just was inquiring about quality.

Merry Christmas in Far East Texas. I know how hard iut is to get any news on the other side of the Pine Curtain. :D

Every now and then the wind blows from the west, and we get a little info :P:P

Will see you at the Badlands, maybe. Have good a one!!

Ringo

Archived