SASS Wire Forum

bullet hole in the ol Airstream

stepnmud#33546

Better late than never,...finally received the Dec. C.C., minus the front cover. :FlagAm: and was happy to be able to read up on Cree Vicar Dave's articles. There appears to be a bullet hole just over the Vicar's wife R. shoulder in the much discussed article on the wire on refurbished Airstream. Might just be imagination or photo made it look like that to me.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year. :o:blush::blush:

Big shiny target looked like a beer can at a thousand yards.

Sorry, won't happen again.

:blush:

Then again, I still have and use a old tablesaw that has a 44 magnum hole thru it's side. :FlagAm:

My mom's Kirby vacuum cleaner had a .22 rimfire hole in the bag. Didn't seem to hurt it though. Yeah, that was me. Never did figure where the bullet went when it exited the bag...I suspect the stack of firewood behind the Kirby.

My brother and I both shot .22 holes in the bed. Not intentionally....

Yes, I'm still kicking and so is my brother. We wised up about gun handling safety, 'specially after the application of a piece of wood to our backsides. One of us had to be convinced more'n once...I'm not sayin which one of us.

Yup, back in the late '50s it wasn't child abuse. It was more an applied emphasis, that tended to stick in yer mind, on the discussion before and sometimes after the application.

Doc McGee

Blasted an old Craftsman lawn mower with 12 ga. buckshot once.....Dang thing would start on first pull every time, but mow until it got hot and would stop running and would not start again until it had cooled completely down. Took forever to mow like that, and in south Georgia, mowed 3 times per week whether it needed it or not... because I killed 17 snakes in the front yard my first summer there. Finally bought a new mower and delighted in finishing off the old Craftsman. :P:D

An employee bought a new Lawn Boy. Got directions on starting and took it home. Wore blisters on his hand but it would not start. He drove 8 miles back to town to get it repaired. The store owner/repairman pulled the rope once and it started. The employee took it home and wore the blisters off of his hand and it would not start. He drove back to town and the store owner/repairman pulled it once and it started. He returned home with it and pulled it until he had blood running from several torn areas on his hand. He very calmly parked it on a concrete surface in front of his garage, went into the garage and got a splitting maul and beat the mower to death, then took it by the handles and did an olympic hammer throw with it into the creek. He then went to his neighbor and hired the neighbor kid to mow his lawn. He never owned another mower for the rest of his life.

Archived