SASS Wire Forum

Christmas Card in text

Doc Windshadow

I could not find the corrected version in my archives so feel free to provide corrections to this for next year

I sometimes wonder if hidden in the midst of this is an "Up yours comment" sort of like the folks that think they are getting a tattoo of an asian ideogram that they think means one thing but in fact means something rather different :FlagAm:

+

XXX

XXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

"BUON ANNO"

"JOYEUX NOEL"

"VESELE VANOCE"

"MELE KALIKIMAKA"

"NODLAG SONA DHUIT"

"BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA"

"GOD JUL"

"FELIZ NATAL"

"BOAS FESTAS"

"FELIZ NAVIDAD"

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

"KALA CHRISTOUGENA"

"VROLIJK KERSTFEEST"

"FROHLICHE WEIHNACHTEN"

"BUON NATALE-GODT NYTAR"

"HUAN YING SHENG TAN CHIEH"

"WESOLYCH SWIAT-SRETAN BOZIC"

"MOADIM LESIMHA-LINKSMU KALEDU"

"HAUSKAA JOULUA-AID SAID MOUBARK"

"'N PRETTIG KERSTMIS"

"ONNZLLISTA UUTTA VUOTTA"

"Z ROZHDESTYOM KHRYSTOVYM"

"NADOLIG LLAWEN-GOTT NYTTSAR"

"FELIC NADAL-GOJAN KRISTNASKON"

"S NOVYM GODOM-FELIZ ANO NUEVO"

"GLEDILEG JOL-NOELINIZ KUTLU OLSUM"

"EEN GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR-SRETAN BOSIC"

"KRIHSTLINDJA GEZUAR-KALA CHRISTOUGENA"

"SELAMAT HARI NATAL - LAHNINGU NAJU METU"

"SARBATORI FERICITE-BUON ANNO"

"ZORIONEKO GABON-HRISTOS SE RODI"

"BOLDOG KARACSONNY-VESELE VIANOCE "

"MERRY CHRISTMAS - - HAPPY NEW YEAR"

"ROOMSAID JOULU PUHI -KUNG HO SHENG TEN"

"FELICES PASUAS-EIN GLUCKICHES NEWJAHR"

"PRIECIGUS ZIEMAN SVETKUS SARBATORI VESLLE"

"BONNE ANNEBLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDADR FELIZ NATAL"

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cheers

Looks good Doc.

Long ago and far away in a different life while working as an emergency services dispatcher, read police/fire/ems, those of us working Christmas eve and day used to compose and send out messages like this on the computer system that linked up all the in state agencies. There were about a million versions of the night before Christmas that all dealt with police themes. Others would do drawings like this that probably took hours to generate. Santa "be on the lookout" messages went out over the air for households with kids and scanners kind of like the NORAD deal.

All was well and good till the state police HQ put out a reminder that every message sent out on the system was recieved/read at HQ and was printed as well which was tying up their printers and going through reams of paper. Whoops.

Thanks gang,

This also got its start with me as a line printer file that was received when working on IBM 5120s in the 70s and has been transcribed many times I actually lost my own version (that was at last corrected as well as it could be using the standard roman alphabet) and when I could not find it I got this version off the net hence the need to get corections to it for next year (thanks Loophole) my old version had a toy train under the tree as well who knows I may have lurking on one of the huge pile of DVDRs that contain my dead files

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all

Windy

Archived