SASS Wire Forum

All SASS/CAS Members

Vance Montana

Guys and gals,

What better way to promote our sport than too support those who still make western movies. As individuals or a collective group go in your duds (without firearms please) and have fun.

Can I make a suggestion to all clubs in the united states and abroad to visit Tru Grit with your members. This just might make the evening news in some big towns. This will be great for our sport.

Also if you saw the movie in your street clothes go and see it again in your cowboy gear! Go all out spurs, corsets :P , pocket watches, colorful shirts, boots and big big hats!!

If your club is not shootin due to weather go to a movie together. Same cost of a 6 stage match and you may or may not like the movie but you can enjoy each other and all the questions from the onlookers!

Just a suggestion ....

Hey post your pics as a group outing or at the movie: here!

And happily taking other suggestions

Vance Montana :wacko:

P.s JJJ-D I am sorry for hijacking your post this was a great idea!!! When I get home I am looking forward to seeing it as a cowboy!!

The cold in Maine is gettin' to ya ain't it!!! :P:wacko:

Merry Christmas my friend.

More than you know friend mire than you know:):blink::)

Happy Holidays to you as well pard

Vance

:FlagAm::ph34r::P:FlagAm::FlagAm:

A whole bunch of us got all duded up for the opening screening of Open Range in Lincoln (was a few years back).

And we were a real hit with the other movie-goers. We got a lot of photos taken that night.

Mustang

Guys and gals,

What better way to promote our sport than too support those who still make western movies. As individuals or a collective group go in your duds (without firearms please) and have fun.

Can I make a suggestion to all clubs in the united states and abroad to visit Tru Grit with your members. This just might make the evening news in some big towns. This will be great for our sport.

Also if you saw the movie in your street clothes go and see it again in your cowboy gear! Go all out spurs, corsets :FlagAm: , pocket watches, colorful shirts, boots and big big hats!!

If your club is not shootin due to weather go to a movie together. Same cost of a 6 stage match and you may or may not like the movie but you can enjoy each other and all the questions from the onlookers!

Just a suggestion .... And happily taking other suggestions

Vance Montana :ph34r:

P.s JJJ-D I am sorry for hijacking your post this was a great idea!!! When I get home I am looking forward to seeing it as a cowboy!!

We always go in our cowboy gear to a new movie when it hits town.

Twice a month we get together in our cowboy gear, including guns, and hit a local restaurant for breakfast. We always get a lot of attention and people want our pictures. One restaurant gave us all free breakfasts if he could use photographs of us in his advertising.

Follow link below.

Cowboy Breakfast - Bigfork, Montana

Sage Creek Gus

A whole bunch of us got all duded up for the opening screening of Open Range in Lincoln (was a few years back).

And we were a real hit with the other movie-goers. We got a lot of photos taken that night.

Mustang

Hey Mustang,

This is exactly what I was talking about!! Sounds like you had a great time? Keep up the enthusiasm for the sport and see True Grit!

Thank you for the reply.

Your friend,

Vance Montana :FlagAm:

We always go in our cowboy gear to a new movie when it hits town.

Twice a month we get together in our cowboy gear, including guns, and hit a local restaurant for breakfast. We always get a lot of attention and people want our pictures. One restaurant gave us all free breakfasts if he could use photographs of us in his advertising.

Follow link below.

Cowboy Breakfast - Bigfork, Montana

Sage Creek Gus

Gus,

You will be the first to get a pic when we go to the movie. Hey you got me thinking ....

Yeah,

Everyone post your pics from the movie or as a group outing!!!

Vance :FlagAm:

Mustang

The Cowboys did that too when O.R. came out in 2003...no weapons of course.

There were about 40+ of us. We're doin it again Sun. after C'mas for True Grit.

Some folks looked at us more than the movie. :FlagAm::D

Heya Vanna!

I was going to have Judge take me to see Burlesque this afternoon for our Christmas Eve outing, but I think you just convinced me to treat him to True Grit!

Miss seeing you around these parts...how is Maine?

Yazoo- :FlagAm:

p.s. You coming to Last Stand? We bout froze together last year...

The Cowboys did that too when O.R. came out in 2003...no weapons of course.

There were about 40+ of us. We're doin it again Sun. after C'mas for True Grit.

Some folks looked at us more than the movie. :FlagAm::ph34r:

Why no guns? Is California not an open carry state?

I would feel plumb nekkid in my cowboy duds without my rig and at least one 6gun...

Heya Vanna!

I was going to have Judge take me to see Burlesque this afternoon for our Christmas Eve outing, but I think you just convinced me to treat him to True Grit!

Yazoo- :P

Howdy Yazoo,

And Merry X-Mas to you and the Judge. I sure do miss you guys down south! The Maine weather has me mostly Home on the Range :FlagAm: . Yeah we froze our you know what's off last year in Florida. Had my first squib at that match as well. Won't make it to Florida this year planning a big trip to winter range with family. Goin to see the big crack in the ground you know.

Hope to see you all on the range soon!!!

Vance :ph34r:

Guys and gals,

Also if you saw the movie in your street clothes go and see it again in your cowboy gear! Go all out spurs, corsets :FlagAm: , pocket watches, colorful shirts, boots and big big hats!!

Just a suggestion ....

Hey post your pics as a group outing or at the movie: here!

And happily taking other suggestions

Vance Montana :blink:

Hey, is there another way to dress???? Lol... yeah, I agree this is the best way to promote our sport, as well as for us all to hang out together and just have fun!!!! JJJ's is use to abuse, he has to put up with me from time to time. lol So hijacking his thread is nothing compared to that!!

Hey, is there another way to dress???? Lol... yeah, I agree this is the best way to promote our sport, as well as for us all to hang out together and just have fun!!!! JJJ's is use to abuse, he has to put up with me from time to time. lol So hijacking his thread is nothing compared to that!!

Deja,

Nice name, and tell JJJ no hard feelings and post the pics of his outings on the wire

Heya Vanna!

Yazoo- :blink:

WAIT! WAIT! How were you going to dress for BURLESQUE?

Just curious, :FlagAm:

eGG

Did you ever try to sit in a movie theater seat wearing a gun belt and a couple of .45 Colts?

Col. Dodge

No.... But I am sure your going to tell us the seats are small like on a airplane right?

:blush::blush::o:o:D

Mustang

Yep we did that as well.. LOTS of pictures were taken by the citizenry... great way to have fun AND

enjoy the fil-em.

BY THE WAY SOME movie theater chains will give you GROUP discounts when you sign up for

their REWARDS CARD..... :FlagAm:

Did you say a cowboy discount for the posse?

Vance

Come on clubs saddle up and ride baldy ride!!

Merry Christmas Y'all!!

no open carry weapons for citizens---this is LA remember?--drive by and gang shooters here, and it's where Bobby Kennedy was assassinated...only the PoPo flaunt em.

The Cowboys went dressed western this afternoon and had a good ol time :lol: terrific movie. Went to Muldoon's Irish pub next door afterward for early dinner, Wassail punch, Guinness, and Irish coffee.

Archived