SASS Wire Forum

Registering electronically for a match

Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862

As I sit here after downloading a form for Winter Range and contemplating mailing it in, I remember how easy it was to register for Ambush at Mill Creek and the Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lil in Norco, put on by the Cowboys. Fill out the form on line, send it with CC info, and receive a timely acknowledgment by email that it was received. Done! Later get a copy to check and make sure all the info they input is correct.

Any other large, and they would have to be large, matches doing registration electronically? If not, why not? I'm sure there are some costs involved, and I admit I do not know what they are, or maybe I should say how much they are, but it is SO easy.

I sent in, by email, a request for a camping space to Ben Avery Monday (20th) AM and still have no idea if I have a space there for my trailer. I have a degenerative disease that includes a voice problem, so I stay off the phone as much as possible because it can be frustrating for me and the receiver of the call. So I know the system is only as good as the recipients' system for handling of the info.

What do you think?

Archived