SASS Wire Forum

The Ol' Toostone Saloon

I have been known to clear a room now and again. It's a talent :D

you crack me up...

Okay. Ghost song dancer is heap big in Lakota.. What JJJ's does not know.. is... psst.. whisper mode.. Deja is headed to the fort and will go even if it cost her her life. She believe that this night she is a ghost dancer... father would beat her if he knew that she was being indian again. She would do anything to save her father... and staying away from a white man who believes in these sort of things will be fathers next comand to her and she does what she is told to do... But then JJJ's has a hooker Charlotte anyhow and Deja never plays second fiddle ... so what did it matter if father did demand that she stop being around a ghost keeper (wanagi yuhapi) ? Chief hump, my great great grandfather realy never believed in the ghost shirt, but he did lead his people in the ghost dance... He lived in Canada for many years and french was spoken often there as well as english and lakota.. I think he got tired of learning all the languages like I did.. loll Ghost keepers or wanagi yuhapi are not often spoken about today. Some still practice our old ways.. But I am not allowed to.. cuz I am white in my fathers eyes. We left the reservation for good reason, and believing in such stuff only makes him angry. And Deja even looking at a white man who believed in ghosts would never be allowed in her family at all..

Willies, ate his pot roast alone since Apaches had found Charlotte and he had a nickel and she was willing. The problem with white women like her are they like money, he missed his people a great deal. But he did find comfort in her arms. Charlotte was the kinda woman you spent the night with.. Laura, CJ, and Deja.. they were all real western women that kept their honor... Still a night with Charlotte was fun.. but nothing he would want for a life time. She would be gone with the first young nice looking guy who winked at her and flip a gold piece her way. The others.. were women of the west.. he loved and respected them.. So where the heck were they right now?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you crack me up...

Okay. Ghost song dancer is heap big in Lakota.. What JJJ's does not know.. is... psst.. whisper mode.. Deja is headed to the fort and will go even if it cost her her life. She believe that this night she is a ghost dancer... father would beat her if he knew that she was being indian again. She would do anything to save her father... and staying away from a white man who believes in these sort of things will be fathers next comand to her and she does what she is told to do... But then JJJ's has a hooker Charlotte anyhow and Deja never plays second fiddle ... so what did it matter if father did demand that she stop being around a ghost keeper (wanagi yuhapi) ? Chief hump, my great great grandfather realy never believed in the ghost shirt, but he did lead his people in the ghost dance... He lived in Canada for many years and french was spoken often there as well as english and lakota.. I think he got tired of learning all the languages like I did.. loll Ghost keepers or wanagi yuhapi are not often spoken about today. Some still practice our old ways.. But I am not allowed to.. cuz I am white in my fathers eyes. We left the reservation for good reason, and believing in such stuff only makes him angry. And Deja even looking at a white man who believed in ghosts would never be allowed in her family at all..

Willies, ate his pot roast alone since Apaches had found Charlotte and he had a nickel and she was willing. The problem with white women like her are they like money, he missed his people a great deal. But he did find comfort in her arms. Charlotte was the kinda woman you spent the night with.. Laura, CJ, and Deja.. they were all real western women that kept their honor... Still a night with Charlotte was fun.. but nothing he would want for a life time. She would be gone with the first young nice looking guy who winked at her and flip a gold piece her way. The others.. were women of the west.. he loved and respected them.. So where the heck were they right now?

(Not part of the story--yet)

O.K. now I have some real good info for my other story.... man this is gonna be good.

Now, this one tho, don't be too hasty ta keep ol' JJJ's out of the action. He may have a few surprises up his sleeve regards your father...

and a few other twists as well...

Commercial over,

Now back to the fire...

JJJ-D

:D:ph34r:

(Not part of the story--yet)

O.K. now I have some real good info for my other story.... man this is gonna be good.

Now, this one tho, don't be too hasty ta keep ol' JJJ's out of the action. He may have a few surprises up his sleeve regards your father...

and a few other twists as well...

Commercial over,

Now back to the fire...

JJJ-D

:D:ph34r:

White men always promise.. I have found.. lol An rarely do they know how close to the fire they are until you have to throw water on them, or before your dad shoots them.. lol

Deja rode into the night hoping to make a stop at her sisters Cowpeas annies.. home.. She had married a trapper in her fathers teepee and went to live with him. He owned a big home in town that he had hand built and it was bigger than any other home in the territory. I never like that place much, thought Deja.. the bedroom has a ghost cabinet in it where they keep great grandfathers belongs in a clay pot. It was the guest room, and the room was full of dreams, with no dream catcher. Still she need a few hours of sleep.. and pokey need food and water.

She stopped in and was offered wasna... it had been a long time since anyone made buffalo ground up with berries and fat. She had to have some, tired of the potatoes and cow stew meat from the Saloon.. it tasted heavenly..

She moved on into the room, slipped off the leather dress and pulled the buffalo blanket that Cowpeas gave her over her cold body.. The tiny fire in the corner of the room danced on the walls ... and the next thing she knew she was again caught up between two worlds, .... with the only way out being crazy... Crazy Horse knew the only way out was to act crazy... if you are caught in a world where you are scared, then you must be crazy to change it.

She drifted off to sleep, dreams entered her mind of the past grandmother had told her about, and the past father forbade her to be a part of.. JJJ's guns were tucked in with her still in a blanket, cuddle to her like a pet dog. Of all the things in Deja's life, she understood animals, and guns.. nothing else could be trusted anymore past a friendship.. that much she knew and she had the scars to prove it on her face and body. Even JJJ's who seemed so kind at times, he was now tracking her like a dog, and she knew it would come to a stand off with him. His interests were with white women like Chalotte, and Rye, and guns. She drifted off into a fitful sleep... and dreamed of the past playing on the Res and taking chances that they teach you to take to make you a strong woman, and father being angry and her losing her braids at age 6... She would wake up, and try to forget, but some things never are forgotten.

She hopped to be on the trail early... Pokeys would be ready to go!

Pulp, returning from Alabama, enters the Saloon. He orders a Shiner from Bottles and says to him, "Ya know, I used to think I was pretty smart, but apparently I'm not. I ain't got a clue where this story is headed, or how to join in."

"I heard Skeet Shooter was in here earlier. If he comes back tell 'im me and Sawyer is doing fine, ain't heard from Judy Long Legs in a long time, although I kinda sorta suspect she may be back in another form, or at least possessed the spirit of someone else and is typing through her. Ol Quigley hangs around in another saloon most of the time, name of the place is Facebook. Wierd name for a saloon, but I see him there quite a bit. Hey, just thought, tell Skeet I've got a picture of him and Quigley dressed up as a saloon gals, and for $5.00 I won't show it to no one else.!" :D

And by gollies, is that Calamity Jane over there rolled up in a buffalo robe? Been a year or six since she's been around. This place is too quiet without her.

I 'bout decided them Quebecians had done converted her into a liberal, and wouldn't let her hang out in places where folks actually like guns.

Pulp goes up stairs to the balconey, gets in his chair, stretches his legs out, props his feet on the rail. "Think I'll sit and watch awhile. Surely somethin' I can understand will happen sooner or later." :ph34r: "Sure hard to beat a good cold Shiner."

Backing up a bit to when Apache Hawk entered the Saloon (acs) and laid his Herny on the bar........

(Ya gotta be careful around the Saloon (acs), the word "Hoobeats" actually CREATED "Toostone".....)

Now, about yer' Herny.....? :D

hoobeats? Really.. okay tell me the story.. lol

Meanwhile back in the saloon, Pulp has just arrive confussed a bit, but then a 3 day drunk on hard cider does that to ya. Sweetwaters is crawling around on the floor looking for his gold coin, Alice took a swing at him and the end result was money, Rye, and and food flying everywhere. Alice has moved back down to the saloon to find a better paying customer she says. CJ is up this morning mulling about and she is hunting for Willies.

Hawk took another sip of his drink and re-ordered another round. "Put some bear grease or deer renderin's on dat pin. It's amight sticky at frist, but after da 1st round, it'll warm up." He picked up his Henry off da bar and stood it up on butt end, up agaisnt the bar.

Charlotte cut him a quick glance and smiled real sexly like, but I knew she whart my type. She only cared for the flashy things in life. As soon as the new wears off and the old shines through, she's gone. He had heard bout freindships like the one Wil Bill and Calamity Jane had.

I watched Grizz put another log in the stove. Caught a smell of wood smoke and seattled back on the bar. "Yup, think I'll just stay awhile......see what comes to pass."

Backing up a bit to when Apache Hawk entered the Saloon (acs) and laid his Herny on the bar........

(Ya gotta be careful around the Saloon (acs), the word "Hoobeats" actually CREATED "Toostone".....)

Now, about yer' Herny.....? :FlagAm:

Apache Hawk took a drink and replyed, "Yup it's mine. What about it............."

I was watching and half-heartedly listening to what the lady was saying, when, as if a scream of help, it raced throught my mind. Deja will need my help..and soon.

True, we have never met, but we are blood-relatives. Blood brother and blood sister. But I would know her as soon as we meet. I threw back my whiskey, grapped up my Henry and headed out into the snow and wind. Snow was rare to me but not the biting wind. And I missed my people, yet something drove me on. I could not return to my lodge knowing one of "The People", as my Grandmaw would say, needed my help. The fort was a night and 1/2 days ride, if I left right now. I untired my hoss from the hiching post and rode out----fast !

Grampaw, what always has a hard time keepn' stuff straight can't keep track of everythin' goin' on so he grabs a bottle o' rye and sets himself at the corner table to go over the pistol shootn' scores.

Laura comes over, parks herself and helps herself to another two fingers of the rye

"It's gettn' late", she sez, "what'r we gonna do fer breakfast? ain't no more steaks,--

We can do corned beef hash an' eggs. sez Grampaw. I'll make the biscuits.

"Did ya figure out which was yer pistol?" asks Laura

"Nope", "Them ya-hoos grabbed 'em both and took off on some wild-goose chase"

Laura picks up the deck. Another game of 5 card stud begins

Holy cow all ya'll do is eat and drink and carry guns.. sounds like a Sass event? lol

So, JJJ's is missing a great game of 5 card stud.. I am pretty sure he will be really angry now, stuttered SWJ... CJ pulls up a chair and start dealing the cards, happy Jitteyrs is not there, gives everyone else a chance to win, with that card shark gone she thought!

So, are you boarding the place up after you big New Years party?

Archived