SASS Wire Forum

What I want for Christmas..

Deja Vous

I was asked today what I wanted for Chirstmas by my father. He knows me pretty well it appears after all this time.. lol. My mind went from the toy I wanted at age 7 to those who pray for world peace, and who does not want that.. (just not at any cost)? And I settle on this.

For Chirstmas you can withhold all the gifts, all the snow, all the sleigh rides, Santa visits, and elfs.. if you would grant me one wish.. (course that would be past wanting LLC to be healed).. lol..

The wish would be for all Americans to be Cowboys again. For us to return to a time in life where we cherished the "other person" in our lives more than how we "feel" .. lol A time when we knew grey was a color not a position on politics.. when we knew marriage, family, and friends and neighbors were about forever and being there for each other no matter what. A simple time when there was right and wrong, and we knew it without having to ask our lawyer to clarify it for us. A time when we believed in God, prayed to him, served our country.. and yeah I am going there.. we married someone of the other gender and never once considered the same gender.. lol We respected the law, the government,,,, but we knew that being armed is a right in this country to keep us all free!!!

So what do i want this year.. ah.. a mink hat? lo.. ah no.. a beaver hat with turned up sides to be standing besided me as a friend.. while I dress up in my corsets and lace and reenact a time that I love and honor so much. So, yeah, I want a cowboy Christmas.. again and again and again.. and I want that to never go away until the day I pass over into Gods arms..

I was asked today what I wanted for Chirstmas by my father. He knows me pretty well it appears after all this time.. lol. My mind went from the toy I wanted at age 7 to those who pray for world peace, and who does not want that.. (just not at any cost)? And I settle on this.

For Chirstmas you can withhold all the gifts, all the snow, all the sleigh rides, Santa visits, and elfs.. if you would grant me one wish.. (course that would be past wanting LLC to be healed).. lol..

The wish would be for all Americans to be Cowboys again. For us to return to a time in life where we cherished the "other person" in our lives more than how we "feel" .. lol A time when we knew grey was a color not a position on politics.. when we knew marriage, family, and friends and neighbors were about forever and being there for each other no matter what. A simple time when there was right and wrong, and we knew it without having to ask our lawyer to clarify it for us. A time when we believed in God, prayed to him, served our country.. and yeah I am going there.. we married someone of the other gender and never once considered the same gender.. lol We respected the law, the government,,,, but we knew that being armed is a right in this country to keep us all free!!!

So what do i want this year.. ah.. a mink hat? lo.. ah no.. a beaver hat with turned up sides to be standing besided me as a friend.. while I dress up in my corsets and lace and reenact a time that I love and honor so much. So, yeah, I want a cowboy Christmas.. again and again and again.. and I want that to never go away until the day I pass over into Gods arms..

Wow. Well stated DV (even late at nite in the saloon....).

This is one of the reasons that SASS resonates so much with me - the values of the period and our ancestors. While many were cads, outlaws and other such riffraf, the values of the majority spoke - not a silent majority, but a majority who lived their values expressed in their everyday actions as you've described.

As per the original, accurate translation regarding the season: Peace on Earth to Men (& women) of Goodwill!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Harvey

Wow. Well stated DV (even late at nite in the saloon....).

This is one of the reasons that SASS resonates so much with me - the values of the period and our ancestors. While many were cads, outlaws and other such riffraf, the values of the majority spoke - not a silent majority, but a majority who lived their values expressed in their everyday actions as you've described.

As per the original, accurate translation regarding the season: Peace on Earth to Men (& women) of Goodwill!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Harvey

Harveys... all it takes is a scratch and sniff of my computer screen in the saloon and I get loaded on whiskey.. lol Thanks for the link..

Deja y'all are a true cowboy..oooops cowgirl at heart. Anyone that knows you is made better for it. I enjoy reading your posts and y'alls view of life...... Way to go girl. Dont let anyone discourage you. Merry Christmas to you and your dog Rat, and your dad... and anyone else that close to you.

Tascosa

All that and a side of GUNS! :FlagAm:

Merry Christmas Deja!

Grizz

Well, gosh I could never turn down a side of guns.. lol.. Honesty.. I love guns.. sad huh?

Santa, what she said, plus PLEASE bring SASS a new computer system and server! :FlagAm:

BSD

Blue... A new computer would be wonderful for SASS.. lol.. Merry Christmas and may God bless you for all of 2011 for all you do for others.. thanks..

Deja y'all are a true cowboy..oooops cowgirl at heart. Anyone that knows you is made better for it. I enjoy reading your posts and y'alls view of life...... Way to go girl. Dont let anyone discourage you. Merry Christmas to you and your dog Rat, and your dad... and anyone else that close to you.

Tascosa

Tascosas.. you are close to me.. so Merry Christmas, may God remember you in his very special part of his heart.. Thanks for the sweet side of ya.. and yeah.. Dad is my daddy and will be forever. there are 7 of us. he is spread pretty thin to keep us all happy. You know a long time ago my oldest sister said I was my Dad's favorite. I called Daddy and told him he needed to spend more time with her.. that year she had a stroke.. we are half sisters, so her mothers side is prone to strokes... Anyhow.. I was so happy that he had spent more time with her prior to that happening. Today he still does, and he knows that I will always understand that she needs him more than I do. God gives us what we need... and sometimes he does not give me everything I ask for.. But its fine, I have become a stronger person because of that.. and I look forward to having more friends that believe as I do.. and to shoot a bit more often.. loll Until the day that I get to meet God. And he gets to picks that day, not me.. so until then.. I am here on the board with all the cowboys and cowgirls hoping that I am following the path he wants me to go down. That is my biggest fear.. is that I an not doing what he wants me to do, cuz honestly I want things that I am not so sure that God wants for me.. Isn't there a passage in the Bible about the "flesh".. and it is so true.. the flesh wants things that maybe God does not have planned for ya..

bil

I guess I better go return the mink bonnet then?

Here I am at 3 AM, still at work and it is getting a bit cold. I get wramed by the reading your posts, time ta go home now....

JJJ-D

:FlagAm::ph34r:

I guess I better go return the mink bonnet then?

Here I am at 3 AM, still at work and it is getting a bit cold. I get wramed by the reading your posts, time ta go home now....

JJJ-D

:FlagAm::blink:

Jitterys you might want to wear the bonnet yourself? lol.. I will so get even for that.. lets see how long did it take to load a box of 38's???? lol. Sorry you worked so late, but Rats got me up at 3:12 to play with the new toy she stole off the coffee table and hid in the bedroom last night... squeek squeek.. lol..

I like the way you think Deja. Merry Christmas!!! :FlagAm::blink:-_-B)

Oh, no I am THINKING again? lol.. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!

Jitterys you might want to wear the bonnet yourself? lol.. I will so get even for that.. lets see how long did it take to load a box of 38's???? lol. Sorry you worked so late, but Rats got me up at 3:12 to play with the new toy she stole off the coffee table and hid in the bedroom last night... squeek squeek.. lol..

that's FUNNY . . . . :FlagAm:

The best to you Cuzzin Deja Darlin during this Holiday Season and may all of yer dreams come true.

Slick n Sassy

ps Kin ya scratch n' sniff the cookies and candy that Sassy made?Taking some around to our neighbors this afternoon, we have an awesome neighborhood.

Did I mention dinner next door? Felis Navidod. bad spelling eh.Never :FlagAm:

Deja Vous, I live da life of a cowboy dat I used to be, deep in Texas years ago. Treat very one wif respect, and honor. Dats what I demand from dem folks and expect no less, cuz dats what I give'em. My co-works think I'm nuts fer livin' like dis, and dey even tell me so. But when push comes to shove, dey know what side I will be on. Dey know I'm a man of my word, dat I ride fer da brand, even though I may not like it.

I was born red, rasied red, but taught da other side of me..da white side. And da white side sometimes conflicks wif da red. But both agree, dey will be no peace on earth till da Lord returns. I have a huge spread in heaven. He's told me so in his word.

Da days of black and white thinkin' are long gone, as sad as it is. I would have fit right in. I'm sad dat it's gone too. Just too damn much gread in da world. It's money dis and money dat. Sell yur soul fer money !! NOT ME !!!!

So, untill da time I can go home, see and thank my Lord fer all he's did fer me, fer da prayers he awsered and fer da prayers he did not, I'll keep "cowboyin'" as much I as can.

Shoot Straight and Merry Christmas

Apache Hawk

SASS 60642

that's FUNNY . . . . :FlagAm:

Yeah for you and Rat's maybe... lol.. Okay fine,,, I did laugh... it was pretty funny.. she loves the toy at least..

The best to you Cuzzin Deja Darlin during this Holiday Season and may all of yer dreams come true.

Slick n Sassy

ps Kin ya scratch n' sniff the cookies and candy that Sassy made?Taking some around to our neighbors this afternoon, we have an awesome neighborhood.

Did I mention dinner next door? Felis Navidod. bad spelling eh.Never :FlagAm:

Slickes you two have fun.. and eat those darn cookies.. lol... Miss your posts....

Deja Vous, I live da life of a cowboy dat I used to be, deep in Texas years ago. Treat very one wif respect, and honor. Dats what I demand from dem folks and expect no less, cuz dats what I give'em. My co-works think I'm nuts fer livin' like dis, and dey even tell me so. But when push comes to shove, dey know what side I will be on. Dey know I'm a man of my word, dat I ride fer da brand, even though I may not like it.

I was born red, rasied red, but taught da other side of me..da white side. And da white side sometimes conflicks wif da red. But both agree, dey will be no peace on earth till da Lord returns. I have a huge spread in heaven. He's told me so in his word.

Da days of black and white thinkin' are long gone, as sad as it is. I would have fit right in. I'm sad dat it's gone too. Just too damn much gread in da world. It's money dis and money dat. Sell yur soul fer money !! NOT ME !!!!

So, untill da time I can go home, see and thank my Lord fer all he's did fer me, fer da prayers he awsered and fer da prayers he did not, I'll keep "cowboyin'" as much I as can.

Shoot Straight and Merry Christmas

Apache Hawk

SASS 60642

I have no doubt in my mind at ALL that you are a true cowboy/ blood brother.. hugs.. Deja.. and God bless .

Archived