SASS Wire Forum

Permission slips..to say 'The Pledge Of Allegiance'

"What the he** is the world comin' too"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/22/massa...test=latestnews

Strikes at me kinda odd...I wonder if'n one doesn't participate, can they bring a 'Doctor's note' :FlagAm:

GG ~ :)

What struck me funny was that the article said that it made some parents uncomfortable.

Ya think that may be because they know that the right thing is for the students to stand and recite the pledge.

I think it is great that the liberal state of MA has in the law that the teachers must daily lead the students in the recitation of the pledge.

What distresses me is that it has been ignored.

But there is a fine. up to $5.

Is that per day? Per student?

As a kid we did the pledge every day and I felt very proud of being an American right at that moment too everyday. I think it does instill pride in kids. We understand what we are all about! Course we also had silence to say a prayer at lunch time.. Good for kids too, but like I said before I have always been a day dreamer, so my prayers took up most of my lunch, so I tossed my lunch so I could have some time to go play.. lol

The Devotion School is the public school that JFK attended...think he would have balked at the Pledge?

It's real easy to sit in your fancy $2MM house in this ritzy suburb and ponder whether you want your child to grow up traumatized by agreeing to obey the laws of this country, or by admitting that there is a God.....

The more I think about it, there ought to be a 100% estate tax; every kid should be forced to start over, dirt poor, and work hard for any acheiveable comfort and convenience. We're too soft, and we have forgotten too much.

LL

This liberal school crap was the start to the end...

The sad thing is most parents were to busy to notice!!

It all started when you had a bunch of free love, stoners who had to go out and get jobs so they figured they would just become teachers!!!!!!!!!!

There are quit a few teachers I know who are the most liberal, ignorant people I have ever met, most of them do not in live in a world or reality.

Doc

The part that caught my attention was that students who don't wish to participate do not need to stand.

I think that all students should stand to show respect if not to our flag then to those who do.

This liberal school crap was the start to the end...

The sad thing is most parents were to busy to notice!!

It all started when you had a bunch of free love, stoners who had to go out and get jobs so they figured they would just become teachers!!!!!!!!!!

There are quit a few teachers I know who are the most liberal, ignorant people I have ever met, most of them do not in live in a world or reality.

Doc

Sorry to stray off topic, but I just have to say: To anyone who was wondering about Doc's surgery, he's completely recovered :FlagAm:-_-:)

Well, you can call me harsh or call me a bigot (I don't believe I am!) or call me whatever ya want, but I am far short of amused by this bucket of bovine excrement.

What's next... instilling a belief in kids that being proud of our country is a shameful thing? Wait... if we move much further in this direction that just might become a viable notion.... :FlagAm:

What struck me funny was that the article said that it made some parents uncomfortable.

Ya think that may be because they know that the right thing is for the students to stand and recite the pledge.

I think it is great that the liberal state of MA has in the law that the teachers must daily lead the students in the recitation of the pledge.

What distresses me is that it has been ignored.

But there is a fine. up to $5.

Is that per day? Per student?

Want to know what distresses me ?? :FlagAm:

One dead body after another...a son... a brother...a father...a husband....in harms way and fighting for this. :)

Is this what we're fighting for..a mere $5.00 fine ??? :)

Ok. Y'all can come out now...rant over !!!!!!! -_-

Archived