SASS Wire Forum

A big Thanks to Jimmy Spurs

Dipstick

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Jimmy for helping my dad out with his rifle. Dad shoots a Marlin 1894 CB and has had shoulder problems and had to have his stock shortened. Jimmy did this after being on the road shooting for over a month and had not even got his trailer and coach unpacked yet. And on top of making the rifle fit my Dad he also performed one of the best Marlin action jobs ever, all while my Dad waited at his shop and played with the two beautiful Maine Coon cats that are Jimmy's shop stewards. Thanks for taking the time out of your unbelievably busy scedule to help out an old man. Jimmy you truly are a great friend, Merry Christmas.

Jimmy helped me on site right before the SASS Southeast Regional in the same way. He has my Vaqueros now for some of his famous slick-up work. Can't wait to get them back, though it will be February according to Jimmy.

Cassalong Hopidy

I have also benefitted from Jimmy Spur being 'ON SITE' at a major match and helping me with a shotgun stock.

I think he detected the urgency in the problem and helped me right away. He and other good gunsmiths that WORK at those matches where WE PLAY ought to be called the Octapus Posse cause it seems they have to have 8 arms to accomplish all the good work they do.

..........Widder

Jimmy helped me on site right before the SASS Southeast Regional in the same way. He has my Vaqueros now for some of his famous slick-up work. Can't wait to get them back, though it will be February according to Jimmy.

Cassalong Hopidy

I shoot his "full race" 1/2 cock new model Rugers and an awesome pimped out 73 he built, you will love the pistols and will be well worth the wait.

I shoot his "full race" 1/2 cock new model Rugers and an awesome pimped out 73 he built, you will love the pistols and will be well worth the wait.

I am sure you are right. I thumbed some of the guns he had on hand, and oh boy . . . incredibly smooth. Getting the half cocks which I know will help me with inadvertent slip hammering.

Cassalong

I would like to add my thanks to a Cowboy's Cowboy for the beautiful work that was done that day.

He had just returned to NH via Texas and So. Carolina and was all too willing to hep the 'Old Man' out.

He is a Gentleman of the 'Tpo Draw' Society!!

When he finished the rifle he smiled and asked 'Is there anything else you need to have done"?

That is service!

Merry Christmas Jimmy to you and Yours :)

UB Mountain

Yup thats Jimmy for ya. Not to mention he's has done $50k worth(yup I said $50k) of main match sponsorship in the last couple of years in the Northeast and beyond. Nice to see someone do well and give back to the sport.

Archived