SASS Wire Forum

Last Stand In Florida

Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L

Howdy,

After freezing our posteriors off in the record cold, sleet, and snow of "Sunny" Orlando, Florida at Last Stand in January 2010, I was determined to be even better prepared this year. Last year, Tomahawk Terri and Damascus Steele lent their propane heater to the posse to warm shooters hands just before they went to the line and that probably kept quite a few pards from dropping guns and was much appreciated.

This year, in addition to the slicker, vest, double wool socks, ponchos, blankets, thick shirts, long sleeve undershirts, heavy scarfs, and insulated gloves, I decided to get one of those propane heaters my own self and truck it on down to Orlando. Ordered it today from Cabelas.

So, now that I am fully prepared for record cold, we can all be sure that the weather will be sunny, dry, and warm!

No need to thank me, See Ya All There!

Dogmeat Dad, Lil Feather, & Pyro Dex (Doo Hickey will be staying home with his New Baby Girl!)

Well Dad,

There has been some terrible weather predictin from out weathmen here lately. If they say 72 and sunny, you can all but garrantee that it will be 50 and drizzly all day, this past Sunday was a great example.

So no matter what I'm still packin my propane heater, gloves, doubled up thermal underdrawers, and the rest of our cold weather stuff just in case. Hopefully Ima's jacket will fit around her AND J.E.L.J. The coat will be a lot harder to modify than the shotgun belt was! :unsure:

Can't wait, two more weeks to go :huh:

JEL

Yesterday was the first day in about two weeks where the temperature got above freezing. We still have snow on the ground in the back yard from the 16th and they are calling for more on Christmas Day. Even as cold as it was down there last year, it was better than shoveling the 3 & 1/2 FEET of snow that was in my driveway when we left town to head to Florida. As long as we can avoid being dumped on during the next 12 days, life will be good.

Have a Merry Christmas & a Safe & Happy New Year! See ya in Two Weeks,

Dogmeat Dad & Gang

If the current trend continues it's definitely gonna be cool...

current extended forecast

high of 62 on Wednesday the 5th

high of 65 on Thursday the 6th

have to wait a couple of more days for the rest......of course these numbers are provided by karnack( the weatherman) so they may or may not be true.

Stan

high of 62 on Wednesday the 5th

high of 65 on Thursday the 6th

I'll Take It! That will only be about 30 DEGREES WARMER THAN IT IS HERE!

I was out walking the dogs this morning on the refrozen ice sheet that I call my back yard. Calling for more snow this weekend and winter only started Two Days Ago!

I drive to Tampa on 4 Jan 2011 to pick up PyroDex. We then drive over to Orlando on Wednesday afternoon to check into the hotel and unpack. Lil Feathers will be coming in on the airborn conestoga Wednesday evening.

Hey Stan, Is it OK to go by the range on Wednesday to set up our cart? Be nice to not have to mess with that on Thursday morning.

12 Days & Counting,

Dogmeat Dad

ANY weathur yu kin still shoot in isa gud weathur, course warm and dry is optimum. :P

Merry Christmas all, see yas in a few...

Cheyenne, watchin it snow in norturn Ohio, Culpepper

Archived