SASS Wire Forum

Saw True Grit

Four Bucks #36386 Life

It’s been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Directors have their take on how a story is presented and actors/actresses have theirs in representing the characters. Wayne and Bridges deserve the accolades for those roles as well as everyone else concerned. I hope Jeff Bridges gets one too…. :FlagAm:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 9 year old loved it. He likes John Wayne movies and westerns in general. There is some violence in it but no more than kids already see if they just accidentally flip through any channel these days.

This movie does def. have a darker feel to it.....which I like. I love the old westerns of days gone by....they will always have a place in my heart and on my tv.....but they are very G rated and while they have provided many memories for me and my son.....and even some lessons, I really like the authenticity of the newer movies made.

It’s been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Directors have their take on how a story is presented and actors/actresses have theirs in representing the characters. Wayne and Bridges deserve the accolades for those roles as well as everyone else concerned. I hope Jeff Bridges gets one too…. :FlagAm:

I thought Bridges was excellent in his role.

My wife and I saw the remake yesterday afternoon, and it was far better than I expected. We loved it! I agree with others who note that the remake had a much darker feel to it than the original JW version. For me this added to the suspense. Overall, including Roosters role, the new version was much better acted, particularly by Bridges and Steinfeld. Here's a link to a short, interesting video on the Buena Vista ranch near Santa Fe, New Mexico, where the mountain scenes were filmed.

http://www.koat.com/news/25760434/detail.html

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
A bunch of the Mad River Rangers went together to see it tonight, outfitted in our Western finery. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Was it true to the book? Well....sorta, kinda. But there were parts in the first movie that we actually truer to the book than the second...and vice versa. The bottom line, though, both movies were highly entertaining and well worth watching. It's almost like comparing apples to oranges. Both were great for different reasons.

I'll probably go see it again, even though the original True Grit has always been my favorite movie since it first came out. I'll also buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Pack Saddle my good friend,

Since I place a lot of stock in your opinion, I will go see it next week. :P:ph34r:

Until then, I hope you and Mary Sunshine have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Semper Fi pard!

:FlagAm:

Archived